Fargo

Sighclone Fan

Jan 19, 2008
Anyone watch the first episode of the FX mini series Fargo?

It has taken a lot of similar ideas from the movie Fargo, but it's a completely different plot. Pretty entertaining so far. If you're a fan of the movie I'd say this is worth a watch. Almost has a No Country For Old Men-of-the-north feel to it.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I loved the first episode. Got way more violent than I thought it would for a first episode but so be it. I'm intrigued and it's on my 'must watch' list at the moment every week.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
Loved it. I don't remember much about the original Fargo movie, but wow the violence and language last night really caught me off guard. I literally gasped at what happened with about fifteen minutes left in the episode. Wow, just wow.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Ugh, the movie is one of my all time favorites. Just about as perfect of a movie as you can get in my opinion.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Anyone watch the first episode of the FX mini series Fargo?

It has taken a lot of similar ideas from the movie Fargo, but it's a completely different plot. Pretty entertaining so far. If you're a fan of the movie I'd say this is worth a watch. Almost has a No Country For Old Men-of-the-north feel to it.

Wife was watching Ellen yesterday and Kate Walsh (so hot btw) was the guest. IIRC she mentioned it taking place in the same universe as the move.

cyclone83

Apr 10, 2006
Billy Bob Thornton's character is similar to the hit man in No Country For Old Men. Read a review that this is a new trend in series, commit to 10 episodes only to get some bigger stars to sign on that way the writers have a definite timeline to wrap everything up. If it continues onto another season it will be all new characters and story line.

Kind of wondering if Under The Dome will get a little lame as they try to drag it out into a second season. I was ready for it to be all wrapped up last August now I have to invest an hour a week all summer to see how it ends. Kind of like having to suffer through an entire last season of How I Met Your Mother just to see how it ends.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Glad about the trucking guy
, torn on Martin Freemans path, and
sad about the cop.

That scene with Tom Hank's son (Colin) was pretty stellar. You could feel his fear when confronting Billy Bob. Terrific acting by both.

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Just got done watching it. Way better than I was expecting. Very good acting, and written well. I am excited for the rest of the season.

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
Just got done watching the pilot tonite- this show is something else. Lester is quite the odd duck..... Interesting to see where the plot goes. I'm definitely gonna keep this one in the DVR que.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
I watched it over Easter. Only problem is I can't watch anymore until I go to the parents house. Is it somethign that is on Justin.TV?

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Billy Bob's character seems to be a straight-up anarchist. I'm really interested to watch him develop.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Billy Bob's character seems to be a straight-up anarchist. I'm really interested to watch him develop.

I like him because he is calm. His moves are calculated. The guy gets out of the trunk and runs away into the night. Does he chase after him? No. He knows the guy wont make it anyway.
The guy getting it on with the stripper....does he make a show and talk smack before plunging in the death strike? No. He just walks in, stabs, and walks away like no big deal.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron