Fargo

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
It is awesome. Really impressed with this season. And that is taking nothing away from season 1 which was great too. I love Sam Malone with a Minesoooota accent.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
It started slower than Season 1 but is ending up better I think.

FANTASTIC show.

cyclone83

Apr 10, 2006
There may be some Iowa and Nebraska scenes in season three since Iowa and Nebraska were referenced in the Midwest crime book the narrator was reading from last week.

arobb

Jan 4, 2014
Glad to see that there are a few others here watching. I think the series is awesome and was worried that it wouldn't be picked up for another season because I can hardly find anyone who is watching it.
For those of you not watching, you are missing out on one of the best shows currently on television.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
One of the best parts about it for me is the lack of build up to a main character's death. It'll just happen, and they move on without skipping a beat.

The ufo thing kinda had me going for a bit until I thought about it a little more.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Tell me what you mean by the UFO. I am stumped on what it meant. Loved this season though.

For those that have seen season one...did you notice the hint/easter egg in the finale tonight? Hanzee and that representative meet at the ball field and the rep hands over his new identity. His new name? Moses Tripoli...the boss of the Fargo outfit in season one...and the same man that Lorne Malvo (Billy Bob) takes out as part of his shooting spree offscreen. Those two boys on the ballfield speaking sign language? You can presume they are Mr. Wrench and Mr. Numbers from season one...the ones supposed to take out Malvo.

Last edited:

arobb

Jan 4, 2014
The only thing I could think of for the UFO was something totally unrelated to the plot line but something that actually (allegedly) happened in that area of Minnesota in the year 1979, the same timeframe as this season of Fargo.

http://www.mprnews.org/story/2015/10/27/fargo-val-johnson-incident
The war story that Lou told Peggy about the ARVN pilot dropping his family(including a one year old baby) onto the deck off the USS Kirk and then ditching his chinook into the gulf while bailing out was also a true story.

Muzzy

Jan 24, 2009
Iowa
Loved this season. I watched the finale today on dvr. But what is up with the ufo?
I compare it to the first season when it rains fish. Somebody help me out.

MNCYWX

Feb 7, 2010
Med City, MN
Very complex show, but I like it. Going to go back and binge watch the season to make other connections I may have missed.

Didn't like the UFO thing. Came way out of left field and provided very little to the story.

I felt the finale was much better than season 1 was too.

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
Was it known throughout the show that the little girl is the lady cop from season 1? If so, I completely missed that until the "flash forward".

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
I think the UFO this season appearing at the height of violence is a symbol of something larger at play, something larger than any of our plans. It reminded me of the fish scene in the first season. This season it was the UFO. It caused the death of Rye in the first episode, which set everything in motion...which then asks the question, was all of this setup by some form of higher power? Or was it a fluke? Does God inject himself into the world, or let it play out? Is there some sort of metaphysical justice or is it all in our heads?

The season is set during the Cold War when the threat of annihilation via technology (nukes) was very real. So I find it fitting that the harbinger of the unknown took the shape of a UFO and was a literal Deus Ex machina.

I really enjoyed that scene and this whole season.

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
Season 1 was great. Season 2 was more great. Hopefully season 3 can continue the greatness even though it will be hard to top season 2.