Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Syracuse Region 2005
quarter finals...
Charlotte, NC...
#1 (seed) North Carolina 92
#9 (seed) Iowa State 65
...........Hoping things will be a little different this time.

The Powder Blues are not a #1 seed and they are not playing a "home" game this time around. We can win this and certainly aren't going to go down by 30.

Win or lose I'll still hate Roy and cheer against any of the so called blue blood programs.

Mar 31, 2013
The Powder Blues are not a #1 seed and they are not playing a "home" game this time around. We can win this and certainly aren't going to go down by 30.

Win or lose I'll still hate Roy and cheer against any of the so called blue blood programs.

That team had Felton, May, Mccants, Juad and Marvin Williams. This team has page and tokoto see the dif?

Mar 31, 2013
Did Roger Sprague switch allegiances?
I did not switch allegiances I am a realistic fan you guys match up well with us. Both teams like to get up and down the floor. While not as deep I think you guys are more talented. IMHO. I think this game comes down to the Final possession of course I am picking UNC we have paige. In the clutch there is no one better. In the second half of games there is no one better. Gonna be a track meet everyone get ready.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
So much pathetic on this site in the last 18 or so hours. It's one thing to be depressed about losing Niang for the tournament, it's another thing to 100% give up on Iowa State and call everyone else out for not doing the same. Most Iowa fans aren't this pathetic.

digZ

Sep 2, 2011
Colorado
So much pathetic on this site in the last 18 or so hours. It's one thing to be depressed about losing Niang for the tournament, it's another thing to 100% give up on Iowa State and call everyone else out for not doing the same. Most Iowa fans aren't this pathetic.

Agreed. I was feeling down after the initial nut kick of losing Niang, but after thinking about it this team still has some great possibilities. It's certainly going to be more difficult, but we still have plenty of talent, and with Hoiberg on the sidelines you know no matter what our guys are going to have a fighting chance of taking down anybody.

Still have a great chance to make a run in this tourney, execution just has to be more on point than if we had Niang. If we can

A) Shoot the ball well
B) Keep Ejim/Hogue out of foul trouble

I think we can handle this UNC team. Hell we don't even need production out of Edozie/Thomas if the above happen, it would be a cherry on top though.

Nova/MSU scare me with our current lineup, but UConn is also very doable with the personnel we currently have.

But first things first, time to run the Tar Heels out of the gym.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

Agree. I am bummed, but more bummed for Niang himself. Honestly, if ISU still went on to win the NC, it wouldn't be the same with Niang on the bench. Dont get me wrong, Id be happy as all hell, but it just wouldn't be the same.

Amesboy

Feb 25, 2012
I heard they have 3 guys over 6'9" that start or get a lot of minutes. Is that true or not?

They're blue bloods and loaded with McDonald's All world players. McAdoo disappears during games and they don't shoot free throws well. They can be taken out of their game with a run and Kane will intimidate the **** out of the backcourt. Paige is going to be jacked tomorrow to play us. We control him and the boards we have a great shot.

Last edited:

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
I have no doubt that Fred and Doc will draw up the best offensive and defensive gameplans possible for this game, putting guys in a great position to win. If we don't win, it will be because we did not execute those plans, not because UNC is superior to us.

We need to keep UNC in check on the offensive glass and play some solid post defense. I think those are the biggest keys. I believe we'll get our points, just have to limit 2nd chance points and easy buckets for them, and we win.

ISU by 5

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I think we can handle this UNC team. Hell we don't even need production out of Edozie/Thomas if the above happen, it would be a cherry on top though.

Nova/MSU scare me with our current lineup, but UConn is also very doable with the personnel we currently have.

But first things first, time to run the Tar Heels out of the gym.

Agree totally. Mich State or Villanova present real problems - UNC is very beatable.

Mar 31, 2013
Don't sell us short we spanked a healthy msu at their place by 14 we get up for top 25 teams. Yes we are beatable but ask Louisville duke msu and ky how we play against top 20 teams

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Until we actually lose, we can still be what we could have been.

Of course you are correct, however, the same could have been said about Iowa, or any other team in the tourney. So that argument, while completely valid, doesn't fly with me.