What...no report on Eikmeier after the 2/9 "gamewatch"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
In a few years, if he doesn't work out, we will all hail the rebirth of Nostradamus. Until then, we will try to tolerate your unique form of supporting Iowa State athelics.

snowcraig2.0

Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
Why can't we be excited for a kid wanting to come to ISU and play basketball? I don't think we need a balance. This is a Cyclone board. Let us be excited about a player. We have every recruiting analyst in the nation and Hawk fans to tell us our recruits are no good. We don't need some of our own to do that.

DING DING DING!!!!

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
I never said that, read my posts. I have been absolutely clear that I don't think Wes comes in as a impact player next year. However, your little sarcastic ridicule has no place here.

I never said you said that...but others have said those very things.

Landshark

Jan 23, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Thanks for noticing.

It's one thing to let us know how the kid is doing and it is another entirely to postulate about his "greatness" at ISU. Frankly, I think that those doing the latter are doing a great injustice to this kid.

Forgive us your Highness for hoping he has a great career here at ISU. Frankly your Highness, I found your last sentence to be one of the stupidest I've ever read. "injustice"??????

:no:

snowcraig2.0

Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
Actually, the sarcasm is really directed at NebrClone who dutifully tells us about everything that Eikmeier does but suspiciously decides not to post about this game.

So what? I like hearing about our future Clones and how they are doing. Directed at Ike or Nebrclone, it doesn't matter, either way you are being a *****.

mt85

Mar 24, 2006
I love it!

So reporting that Eikmeier scored 4 points is "bashing" but reporting (over and over) that Eikmeier is averaging 30+ per game and "is the fastest person I have seen this year with the ball in his hands" is just stating the facts...not being overzealous about the talents of the kid.

Please!

There is a difference. At least the person you're referring to has seen him play. Your opinion is based solely on bigotry.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
umm... is eik going pro next year???

Chalmers, Rush, Roby, Walker, Abrams, Augustin, and Beasley - Most of these guys will be gone next year.

Maybe...but they will be replaced with another set of opponents that are just as good.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
I was baffled to see no post about Eikmeier's game on 2/9 so I did a little research and found out why: He only scored 4 points on 1-6 shooting (he was 2-2 from the line).

Apparently Wahoo Neumann ran a triangle and two targeting Eikmeier and Liekhus. Liekhus scored 11.

Some other kid stepped up for Eikmeier's team and they did win the game pretty handily.

I wish I could give negative rep out to the same user more than once in day:)

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
Is this a cleverly disguised argument for a racial prejudice? Personally, I can't understand your motive for obsessively expressing a bigoted opinion regarding a future ISU player that you've never seen play.

WOW...you are calling me a bigot because the level of basketball played in Nebraska is not very good relative to other places in the country? What a stretch.

If you want to see some possible bigotry (and I am not certain of it) then you should go check out those that knock Wayne Morgan for everything he did and can find absolutely no problem in anything Greg McDermott is doing.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
If you want to see some possible bigotry (and I am not certain of it) then you should go check out those that knock Wayne Morgan for everything he did and can find absolutely no problem in anything Greg McDermott is doing.

Now all of your posts here and before make sense. Honestly, let WM go... the AD (a brilliant one at that, ooops, did I get in the way of 22 butt kissing JP?), saw, FIRST HAND what was going on and removed him.

Now that I know what type of glasses you are wearing, I will be weary of your posts.

- keep. btw: my glasses look like this>>>>:cool:

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Read a little closer...the sarcasm of this thread is directed to NebrClone...not Eikmeier.

Do you even understand that by doing that you are ridiculing Ike as well? So basically you want to personally attack another poster who is excited about a kid that he lives very close to and is excited about that will be coming to ISU.

So basically you just said that this thread was started to personally attack and shame another poster who provides information everyone except you enjoys to read on here. You enjoy being a jerk about this because you are convinced you are right.

Isn't this kind of attitude against everything that this board was founded on? I mean seriously this is getting beyond ridiculous.

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
In a few years, if he doesn't work out, we will all hail the rebirth of Nostradamus. Until then, we will try to tolerate your unique form of supporting Iowa State athelics.

If you made a negative prediction on every recruit you would be correct most of the time . . .

Cyclone#1:
Let's be fair here, this game might not have been posted earlier for a multitude of reasons - you shouldn't assume NebClone (?) is only showing good things. You also should not assume that Eik only scoring 4 points is a bad thing. Multiple people have stated that his team won by a large margin. Which means he did not need to score. You yourself did not even mention all the stats for Wes - assists? steals? blocks? turnovers? If it was a blowout, like is hinted, how many minutes did he play? These also play a role in the game. I can not logically come to the conclusion that Wes even had a below-average night with the information you provided.
So please do not take shots at other posters without first considering all the facts. And, when you do I would humbly suggest that you provide all the stats or even a link supporting your conclusion. Doing otherwise is just inciting harsh responses.

With respect,
CycloneWanderer

mt85

Mar 24, 2006
WOW...you are calling me a bigot because the level of basketball played in Nebraska is not very good relative to other places in the country? What a stretch.

Definition of a bigot:

a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance.

You've never seen Wes play, but you're judging him based on where he is from. That my friend is what bigotry is. You just don't want to recognize it.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
I can agree with you on that. And it is a valid point. Now I will ask you about Jake Sullivan. Would you have felt he could have helped us coming out of high school? Didn't have the size, dribbling ability, quickness, but he could shoot. I would say he helped us in spreading the defense. Now I'm not comparing Wes to Jake by any means, but just having SOMEONE on the floor who can stretch the defense will be useful. I don't care who you are playing against... if you can shoot, you can shoot. McD obviously sees that in Wes.

Yes, I was skeptical of Sullivan coming out of HS but at least his HS career was played at a bigger school (I believe his graduating class was about 450 kids) in a major metro area (the Twin Cities).

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I think most people are skeptical about Eikmeier. We just don't go out of our way to start threads ripping individuals who aren't.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
Now all of your posts here and before make sense. Honestly, let WM go... the AD (a brilliant one at that, ooops, did I get in the way of 22 butt kissing JP?), saw, FIRST HAND what was going on and removed him.

Now that I know what type of glasses you are wearing, I will be weary of your posts.

- keep. btw: my glasses look like this>>>>:cool:

Actually I was not a big Wayne Morgan guy...so I never did have to "let him go" as you say. I just find it interesting that he is so reviled while McDermott is so praised.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
For the skeptics, how about we try to talk about things the player needs to work on in a positive manner. Tearing them down wont make them a better player. Like it or not, these guys were recruited and are going to play, you cant change that. I look forward to anyone who signs up for the clones. Im sure Ill have some complaints about some of them, but not until they actual get on the court and have some experience.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
If you made a negative prediction on every recruit you would be correct most of the time . . .

Cyclone#1:
Let's be fair here, this game might not have been posted earlier for a multitude of reasons - you shouldn't assume NebClone (?) is only showing good things. You also should not assume that Eik only scoring 4 points is a bad thing. Multiple people have stated that his team won by a large margin. Which means he did not need to score. You yourself did not even mention all the stats for Wes - assists? steals? blocks? turnovers? If it was a blowout, like is hinted, how many minutes did he play? These also play a role in the game. I can not logically come to the conclusion that Wes even had a below-average night with the information you provided.
So please do not take shots at other posters without first considering all the facts. And, when you do I would humbly suggest that you provide all the stats or even a link supporting your conclusion. Doing otherwise is just inciting harsh responses.

With respect,
CycloneWanderer

Well, he found the time to post something else this morning...just not this info. If you read my initial post...I stated that Eikmeier's team won by a large margin myself. All of those other stats...steals, minutes, etc. are typically not in the Eikmeier posts that NebrClone does so I did not include them either...not sure I even saw them in the article that was online.

Status
Not open for further replies.