Niang on offense

St810s

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
West Des Moines
Niang must touch the ball on offense every time down the floor. The kid is just a playmaker.

He is this team's Royce.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I don't see him as Royce yet. I actually do believe he can be that type of player eventually, though. But not this year. He's not a twig by any stretch, but Royce was much more physically mature.

St810s

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
West Des Moines
Also, he and Gibson are a match made in heaven. Love watching those two together on the offensive end.

St810s

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
West Des Moines
And did anyone see that fake dribble hand-off for a layup? I was having flashbacks.

#Royce-esque

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
When we sub should we have Niang and Gibson both come in at the same time? They work well together down low.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
I got a bad feeling that Niang is really going to struggle in Big 12 play. I think the bigger, faster athletes will bother him

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Booker is a starter more out of seniority than anything at this point.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Agreed, but I wish he shot the 3 a lot less than he does.

he hasn't shot it as well lately as early in the season, but he only shot 2 tonight. I'm perfectly fine with that because he has proven at every level he has played on that he can make the shot. If he is shooting 5+ a game then i would have a problem with it. if he has it at the top and his man is giving him 5 feet of space then yes, take it. I guarantee Hoiberg has told him the same. but of course we'd rather have him inside and running the high-low with Gibson most of the time. he is very refined for only a freshman. excited to have him around for awhile @ ISU.

St810s

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
West Des Moines
he hasn't shot it as well lately as early in the season, but he only shot 2 tonight. I'm perfectly fine with that because he has proven at every level he has played on that he can make the shot. If he is shooting 5+ a game then i would have a problem with it. if he has it at the top and his man is giving him 5 feet of space then yes, take it. I guarantee Hoiberg has told him the same. but of course we'd rather have him inside and running the high-low with Gibson most of the time. he is very refined for only a freshman. excited to have him around for awhile @ ISU.

I agree. Got to keep the defender honest. Especially when he has shown the ability to take his defender off the dribble.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
I got a bad feeling that Niang is really going to struggle in Big 12 play. I think the bigger, faster athletes will bother him

I share that concern because his inside game / finishing shot may take a while to develop with limited leap ability; his outside game, energy and big body will be his best attributes.

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
I agree. Got to keep the defender honest. Especially when he has shown the ability to take his defender off the dribble.

Exactly. And despite his great ability to take his man off the dribble, he's not exactly faster than him. When we get to Big12 play and he's facing more athletic guys, knocking down a three out there will help him get to the hoop tremendously.
Love what we're seeing from him. I'm excited to see his game mature over the next 4 years.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron