Manning Out for Season - ACL

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
You scared me there, I saw the thread title and about did a spit take. Then I saw the forum it was posted in.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I thought this was going to be about Peyton when I read the title. Phew.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
that sucks. Hope she recovers.

No offense, I thought this was talking about Peyton Manning til I saw the section it was in...still, hope she recovers.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Add me to the immediately thinking Denver football. ;) Then I saw the forum and couldn't come up with a Manning on our team. I didn't play sport competitively, but that injury has to suck for anyone. :( Hate to hear when it happens.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
<----- also thought Peyton.

I tore an ACL playing intramural bball @ ISU. Definitely sucks big time. I also broke an arm playing intramural football. Those damn intramurals will get ya!

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
That sucks. I saw her play at Ankeny last year and she was by far the best talent on the floor. You could figure that out in 3 minutes.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Misleading title is misleading. My emotions went from "bummer for Peyton" to "alright, now my Cowboys can get back in the hunt since Eli is out" to no way would one of the manning bros tear an acl and it not be plastered all over espn when I watched earlier.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I knew which Manning.
chocolate_chip_cookie.jpg

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I thought this was going to be about Peyton when I read the title. Phew.

Same here I did just buy a Peyton manning Jersey and last 3 Denver Jersey's I gotten have been cursed. T. Davis career ending injury, C. Portis traded, Jay Cutler traded.

simville02

Mar 25, 2009
I knew which Manning.

As did I. Sounds like she's determined to come back strong.

Also leaves Oklahoma with nine available players for the rest of the year. "Two players transferred in March; one veteran, Lyndsey Cloman, chose to end her career because of a lingering back injury in early November; and sophomore Kaylon Williams, who averaged 4.8 points and 5.2 rebounds a year ago, ruptured her Achilles tendon and will miss this entire season."

http://newsok.com/short-handed-sooners-hammer-northwestern-state/article/3733209

Last edited:

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
As did I. Sounds like she's determined to come back strong.

Also leaves Oklahoma with nine available players for the rest of the year. "Two players transferred in March; one veteran, Lyndsey Cloman, chose to end her career because of a lingering back injury in early November; and sophomore Kaylon Williams, who averaged 4.8 points and 5.2 rebounds a year ago, ruptured her Achilles tendon and will miss this entire season."

Oklahoma women's basketball: Short-handed Sooners hammer Northwestern State, 96-35 | NewsOK.com

Oklahoma's situation is a tough one and worse than I knew. Thanks for the update. With us having twelve players we are only a few injuries away from hard times. We played surprisingly well without Pop but if Hallie or Anna would go out too it could be disaster. One or two more quality players would be safeguard we could use in the rough Big XII.