Cole out for season ACL

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Wow, I saw that happen last night, but didn't think it would be serious. He's gonna be a good one. Good news: More Seth Gorney!!!! (That dude makes me smile.)

thunderdave

POOTMFS
Apr 14, 2006
Well, if he wouldn't have been acting like a hot dog on that dunk, maybe he wouldn't have gotten hurt.

Carl1977

Apr 27, 2006
Cambridge, Iowa
That's really too bad. They are going through what the Cyclones went through last year and (again) this year. They were not going to contend in the big 10, but I hate to see any player get hurt--especially this early in the season.

Hope the clones can remain healthy the remained of this season.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
I really love the Big 10 network not being on Mediacom. I didn't even know they played last night. Its a great feeling not seeing them on tv or hearing much about them..:yes:

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
AMEN! agree 100%.

Add me to that list. One less player on any EIU team makes me smile, although I have torn my ACL and gone through rehab so I really feel for the kid. Hopefully he gets healthy soon.

And just in case he's reading this, tell the doc's to use cadavor(sp) ligaments because they ripped part of my hamstring out and that hurt something horrid. More problems with the pain of that healing then with the knee.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
AMEN! agree 100%.

The Big10 Network is going to run itself into the ground by not playing nicely with the cable companies. Right now they could be on every cable outlet in the US on the sports pack, but intstead they are on just on dish subscribers with hardly any advertisers that want to put their product on. This irritates me b/c this will probably make other conferences back off the idea of a conference network.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Tough Tear for Hawks Cole

Men's basketball: Iowa's Cole to miss rest of season | DesMoinesRegister.com | The Des Moines Register

Men's basketball: Iowa's Cole to miss rest of season

SPECIAL TO THE REGISTER • December 30, 2007

Iowa freshman Jarryd Cole suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee during Iowa�s 57-50 win over Southeastern Louisiana Saturday and will miss the remainder of his rookie season.

Cole is a 6-foot-7, 250-pound forward who has played in all 13 games to date, with six starts. He has averaged 6.6 points and 4.4 rebounds per game, while shooting 67 percent from the field. He had season-bests of 15 points and nine rebounds against Iowa State.

�I feel badly for Jarryd,� said Iowa coach Todd Lickliter. �Injuries such as this are something you don�t anticipate or prepare for. I know he will attack his rehabilitation as aggressively as he has basketball and academics through the first semester of his college career.�

Cole is expected to undergo surgery within the next week. Cole was in the starting line-up Saturday in Iowa�s most recent win, contributing four points and four rebounds. His dunk with 11:55 remaining gave Iowa a 32-31 advantage. The injury occurred just after his basket.

�His presence has had an effect on our team,� added Lickliter. �While we are going to miss not having him on the court, our concern is for him personally. He�s in great hands with our medical staff. With time, we look forward to Jarryd�s complete recovery.�

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Iowa's next stretch in the Big 10 is brutal. To win any of these 5 games, they really needed him.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
While I love watching Iowa stink, I'd rather watch them stink with a healthy roster. One less "we had injuries" excuse.

As far as other conferences being scared off their own networks - I don't think any other conference would have the audacity to say "put us on the basic tier or else", and so I don't think this hurts anyone else other than the Big 10. They've done this to themselves.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
Anyone hear Dolph the other day on KXNO somehow spinning it that if Iowa could pull off the upset of Indiana (which he claimed is a 50/50 chance since it's a home game??!?!?) then that could catipult them into having a chance at Wisconsin?? He was also babbling on about somehow they could end up fighting for 5th-7th in the conference!! I think he had started his New Year's party early.