Time to reduce student ticket sales

cy1010

Dec 16, 2009
I'm guessing the athletic department believes the revenue from selling those seats as student season tickets exceeds what they could generate from sale to the general public.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
:rolleyes:

This again, really? Make it easier for students to resell tickets. We will always have a gap when its hard to resell and students pack to the front (just like we did when students had both balcony sections)

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I couldn't see very well on TV, but if both levels weren't chock full today, I'm going to go ahead and agree that the student ticket allotment needs to be reduced.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I'm guessing the athletic department believes the revenue from selling those seats as student season tickets exceeds what they could generate from sale to the general public.

Yep. Even if the general public bought every ticket, they would pay less than what students do for those seats.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
On a side thought, i guess its a good sign we ***** about a fraction of a section being less than full, when we see arenas night in and night out near empty for conference games.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Obligatory "the old people didn't stand enough" post in thread complaining about student attendance.

To be fair, I thought the entire crowd wasn't very energized today. At the start of the game it was almost like a graveyard.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I couldn't see very well on TV, but if both levels weren't chock full today, I'm going to go ahead and agree that the student ticket allotment needs to be reduced.

I agree if they cant sell out the upper half cut it down and sell the seats to the public

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Yep. If anything, the answer wouldnt be to reduce sales, but to add another hundred or so and oversell a bit.

The easiest thing to do would be getting rid of the combined student football/basketball tickets and make it so you have to buy them individually.

Cyballz

Aug 20, 2009
they need to sell GA tickets on the day of the game in the student sections. There are always going to be no-shows and you know you can over sell those sections. Ok St used to do this, when people actually came to games.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
The easiest thing to do would be getting rid of the combined student football/basketball tickets and make it so you have to buy them individually.

Yeah, that would probably do a lot.. but again, the AD probably thinks they make more money doing it this way, when they know they will for sure sell it out this way, vs selling it later, when they may have a harder time.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Over sell the student section by a few hundred. On big games, have a lottery. Lazy students won't get a ticket to the game. That would only need to be for a couple games each season. Every other game and over selling wouldn't be an issue.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron