QB Jerome Tiller Academically Ineligable (Out for Season)

Swanson10

Jun 12, 2008
What is with some of you calling them thugs? Because of the way they dress? cut their hair? shave their beards? the ink they wear?

CycloneJL

Jun 14, 2010
Cedar Falls
Per KCRG: Paul Rhoads Names Steele Jantz Starting QB | KCRG-TV9 | Cedar Rapids, Iowa News, Sports, and Weather | Local

“Steele Jantz will be our starting quarterback when we open up the 2011 season Sept. 3 here in Jack Trice Stadium against UNI,â€￾ Cyclone coach Paul Rhoads declared after Saturday’s scrimmage. “Steele emerged from a group of three quarterbacks, as you know, by displaying the three qualities we were looking for most consistently. That’s decision-making. That’s throwing accuracy and that’s getting things done with his feet.â€￾

The quarterback decision — whether it would have been Jantz, Jerome Tiller, or Jared Barnett — was expected.

But Rhoads added a wrinkle of intrigue by announcing Tiller has been ruled academically ineligible.

He also said Jantz would have earned the starting spot regardless of Tiller’s academic situation.

“Steele emerged, clearly, as the No. 1 guy,â€￾ Rhoads said.

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
So I guess you still don't believe me, huh? I first came on here and said I had heard from some former players that Jennert had a ton of ability, but his head wasn't screwed on straight and he wasn't dedicated. And you ripped on me.

Turns out, he isn't dedicated and he let all his teammates, coaches, and fans down. Call it what you want to. Loser, idiot, moron, thug... who cares.

I was right, you were wrong, but you still refuse to accept it. Deal with it CLOWN.

Clonedude is THUG LIFE

Lanny

Apr 10, 2006
Kimberling City, MO
It is just hard to understand. Plus - you would have to think that if you were close to ineligible you are either going to:

A. - take the easiest classes on campus
B. - retake classes to raise previous grades

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
I do not care if they have tats, or how they cut their hair, not maintaining the gpa requirement with all the tutors eligible is just plain lazy.

C

CyBer

Looks like they need to grow up a little.

Yeah I was sticking up for Tiller earlier, and apparently I shouldn't stick up for people. I don't understand being 20-22 or however old he is and not being able to pull your head out of your *** far enough to get above a 2.0. Really pisses me off, and it seems like he really didn't even want to try.

I hope Jantz has good grades along with being a good quarterback. Academics come first ALWAYS.

19Cy78

Mar 31, 2006
And we are off track...JT and Jennert let the whole team, the coaches, their families and themselves down, period.

JT had a heck of an opportunity to be a BCS QB and both didn't take care of the their priorities..."STUDENT-athlete". I do hope they stay and be "commited" to become a better person, get back on track, earn a degree and be back on OUR team. Otherwise they both will have a hard road for many years to come...this is hurddle in life and JT/DJ parents and ISU coaches have/will continue to have these discussions with these...kids...everyone remember we can be disappointed, but these are kids and now is the time to rally around them to make sure they don't become statistics in our society of reality tv and what is in it for me attitudes. We are disappointed because they play for our team, heck I disappointed, but wish them good luck and hope they get back on track! One day these kids, that play for our team will become parents, like us and hope the true character of JT/DJ shines through hard work and dedication.

Stumpy

Apr 10, 2006
Tucson, AZ
Yeah I was sticking up for Tiller earlier, and apparently I shouldn't stick up for people. I don't understand being 20-22 or however old he is and not being able to pull your head out of your *** far enough to get above a 2.0. Really pisses me off, and it seems like he really didn't even want to try.

I hope Jantz has good grades along with being a good quarterback. Academics come first ALWAYS.

I work at a college and interact with students every single day. Some of them - some of the best, some of the brightest, even some of the hardest workers - fall below the 2.0 mark despite all reason. Work, family, relationships, classes, whatever; it all adds up to a point they can't fully invest themselves in a single aspect of their lives. Just because Tiller is academically ineligible doesn't mean he is lazy or a thug or anything else. Keep in mind that student-athletes have the burden of two-a-days in addition to the academics every other college student deals with.

Reactions: 19Cy78

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
I work at a college and interact with students every single day. Some of them - some of the best, some of the brightest, even some of the hardest workers - fall below the 2.0 mark despite all reason. Work, family, relationships, classes, whatever; it all adds up to a point they can't fully invest themselves in a single aspect of their lives. Just because Tiller is academically ineligible doesn't mean he is lazy or a thug or anything else. Keep in mind that student-athletes have the burden of two-a-days in addition to the academics every other college student deals with.

+1

HiltonMagic

Apr 12, 2006
CA
Visit site

And athletes get all the help/tutoring they need. He's obviously pretty ******* idiotic.

C

CyBer

Thats a load of **** and you know it, unless Tiller had a parent die there is no excuse for falling below a 2.0 in the 4th year of college.

majorcyfan

Feb 18, 2007

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't 2adays start after second summer session ended and are all done with before fall semester starts. If that holds true, where 's your logic of your statements? I listened to a presentation by the head of ISU athlete academic services, Tommy Powell, about all the academics services for and progress checking of, ALL ISU athletes. Indicating you really have to try to fail with all the help available.

Last edited:

GMan

Jun 13, 2008
Minneapolis
Thats a load of **** and you know it, unless Tiller had a parent die there is no excuse for falling below a 2.0 in the 4th year of college.

What if due to his dedication and hard work to trying to become the starting QB, he wasn't able to keep up on his classwork? I have no clue about Tiller's academic background, but if he was already a marginal student, I think that would be a reasonable reason why he failed his classes.

C

CyBer

What if due to his dedication and hard work to trying to become the starting QB, he wasn't able to keep up on his classwork? I have no clue about Tiller's academic background, but if he was already a marginal student, I think that would be a reasonable reason why he failed his classes.

You do realize that a 2.0 is a C average right? You almost have to be trying to get below that in order to do such, even with two a days.

Plus if he wanted to become the QB he would have kept an eye on his grades. Sorry but I'm not feeling too sorry for him right now.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
You do realize that a 2.0 is a C average right? You almost have to be trying to get below that in order to do such, even with two a days.

Plus if he wanted to become the QB he would have kept an eye on his grades. Sorry but I'm not feeling too sorry for him right now.
Can i get a "sorry for yelling at you Clones21 for judging kids on twitter" now?