QB Jerome Tiller Academically Ineligable (Out for Season)

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
My girlfriend was taking summer classes this year and knew her grades quite a long time ago. I find it hard to believe that Tiller didn't know his grades at the same time as her.....

They might have been working on appeals for his grades and may have just gotten final word on them today.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
To all of those out there that ripped on me for questioning Jennert's commitment from my inside sources... well.... I accept your apologies.

What a horrible night though. We all are expecting exciting news, and now this crap. What a couple of idiots. Way to let the team down. I wonder if Jennert will even stick around now? He was thinking of leaving anyway. I hope he enjoys his thug life and thug attitude he has. He had all the potential in the world. Sad.

You're a clown. What makes him a thug? His tattoos or what Mr. High and Mighty? Way to stereotype.

Reactions: nickcyv

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
They might have been working on appeals for his grades and may have just gotten final word on them today.

The other thing is that while they have classes that go the entire summer, I think there is an early session and a late session, with the late session ending a while after the entire summer classes.

RedBlooded

Jun 11, 2010
cedar falls
Steele didnt win by default. Rhoads made that clear when they asked "would barnett be ahead of tiller if tiller was eligible?'' and Rhoads responded " does not need to be commented on"

C

CyBer

The other thing is that while they have classes that go the entire summer, I think there is an early session and a late session, with the late session ending a while after the entire summer classes.

Late session is the one that my girlfriend was taking.

Apr 19, 2006
You're a clown. What makes him a thug? His tattoos or what Mr. High and Mighty? Way to stereotype.

I don't know if he is a thug or not, but I've noticed a few times in practices that he just kind of goes through the motions. I was really shocked to see him still on the team. I figured he might have left with Capello as it seemed like the two of them had a pretty good connection.

When Jennert was still on the team I gave him the benefit of the doubt as I figured he might want to work hard and prove himself. Now I think he's just being lazy and he will be another one we could have used or didn't live up to the hype. When I stated we could have used I really liked his height and figured if you could teach him to be agressive he might be a threat.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

So I guess you still don't believe me, huh? I first came on here and said I had heard from some former players that Jennert had a ton of ability, but his head wasn't screwed on straight and he wasn't dedicated. And you ripped on me.

Turns out, he isn't dedicated and he let all his teammates, coaches, and fans down. Call it what you want to. Loser, idiot, moron, thug... who cares.

I was right, you were wrong, but you still refuse to accept it. Deal with it CLOWN.

C

CyBer

Yeah 10 days is quite a while, are you telling me that Tiller didn't know his grades? Or that he didn't tell his coach?

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Yeah 10 days is quite a while, are you telling me that Tiller didn't know his grades? Or that he didn't tell his coach?

Student-athlete grades are reported directly to the athletic department. Like someone else said, students can appeal their grades, which takes time.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
So I guess you still don't believe me, huh? I first came on here and said I had heard from some former players that Jennert had a ton of ability, but his head wasn't screwed on straight and he wasn't dedicated. And you ripped on me.

Turns out, he isn't dedicated and he let all his teammates, coaches, and fans down. Call it what you want to. Loser, idiot, moron, thug... who cares.

I was right, you were wrong, but you still refuse to accept it. Deal with it CLOWN.

Could you find those posts in which I ripped on you? I don't believe that actually happened. Furthermore, that wasn't my point. My point was that you labeled him a "thug" with evidence to actually prove something like that except perhaps his tattoos if you chose to stereotype like that.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Steele didnt win by default. Rhoads made that clear when they asked "would barnett be ahead of tiller if tiller was eligible?'' and Rhoads responded " does not need to be commented on"

So where in that quote did he mention anything about Steele? He said that about Barnett. Not Steele. Are you reaching too far or am I missing something?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Summer session II and full semester grades have been up for 10 days:

I bet that they were trying to get any appeals finished. that's pretty standard operating procedure.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
What a crock of ****, Tiller is an idiot along with Jennert. You two cannot maintain a 2.0 GPA!!! This pisses me off full ride scholly and **** it down your leg see yeah boys live the thug life morons. Well kick *** Jantz my gut said you would be the man anyway.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
This is a surprise, especially for a guy who's been on campus a few years. You can see this stuff from fr but for a guy going into his 4th season on campus this is really inexcusable.