QB Jerome Tiller Academically Ineligable (Out for Season)

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
If an injury occurs, he probably will burn a red shirt. Nebraska used a kid for one play when they had a qb hurt. Burned his redshirt for one play.

Will Tiller transfer at this point anyway?

I would think at this point it would be his only option really if he wants to play.

clonestar12

May 16, 2006
Texas
If an injury occurs, he probably will burn a red shirt. Nebraska used a kid for one play when they had a qb hurt. Burned his redshirt for one play.

Will Tiller transfer at this point anyway?

Transfer where???? He doesn`t have the grades. He really has no options at this point, and his redsirt year is gone. His senior year is all he has left, if he gets his grades up. We may have seen the last of JT

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Wow...maybe all that early summer hype about SJ really got Tiller in a funk...:sad:

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
So I have zero respect for Tiller after this. You really have to try to not be academically uneligable. If Tiller is to stupid to even show up for class I don't want him on the team. What the hell man?

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Don't know much about Jennert was he supposed to be one of our top receivers? As for Tiller yes he knew the most about our PB but if was our QB this season it was going to suck so I'm not crying over losing Tiller.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Who would have guessed that the starting QB and RB to lead ISU to their 1st victory in Lincoln in 30 years would both be busts? Especially as that was their first start ever?!?

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Well the thing that make me mad is that fact that Tiller was given all kinds of snaps with the starters and second string. If he wasn't going to go to school, it would have been nice for the 3rd string guy to get some snaps. Steele had better be tough as steel, because he is the man now.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
In case you haven't seen the presser yet, Rhoads said that they felt that Jantz was going to be the guy after the second scrimmage which was what, over a week ago? He said that they got the news about Tiller today, and that the timing of both announcements was coincidental.

What I think is more interesting what that he wouldn't comment when asked if Barnett would have been ahead of Tiller, if Tiller was eligible. He did say that when he's back with the team, he will consider a position change. He also said that Jantz has a complete understanding of the playbook that is currently installed. Of course they will add to at as the season progresses.

I really hope Tiller gets his stuff in order just so he can finish his degree. Whether or not he ever plays another snap of college football is irrelevant to getting his degree.

Stumpy

Apr 10, 2006
Tucson, AZ
In case you haven't seen the presser yet, Rhoads said that they felt that Jantz was going to be the guy after the second scrimmage which was what, over a week ago? He said that they got the news about Tiller today, and that the timing of both announcements was coincidental.

What I think is more interesting what that he wouldn't comment when asked if Barnett would have been ahead of Tiller, if Tiller was eligible. He did say that when he's back with the team, he will consider a position change. He also said that Jantz has a complete understanding of the playbook that is currently installed. Of course they will add to at as the season progresses.

I really hope Tiller gets his stuff in order just so he can finish his degree. Whether or not he ever plays another snap of college football is irrelevant to getting his degree.

I don't think Rhoads avoiding the question of Barnett vs. Tiller is all that surprising. Here you have Tiller, who is probably at an all-time low in terms of confidence by being academically ineligible and beat out squarely by Jantz. If Barnett also passed him on the depth chart, what could would come from Rhoads acknowledging that? And if the reverse is true, how does that help Barnett's (our backup quarterback by need only) confidence? By refusing to comment, he can worry about supporting both student-athletes without risking the blow to the confidence of one of them.

But as another note, I agree completely with your third paragraph about Tiller and his college career. Nothing is more important than getting that resolved, and for that reason alone he should have the support of Cyclone Nation.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
To all of those out there that ripped on me for questioning Jennert's commitment from my inside sources... well.... I accept your apologies.

What a horrible night though. We all are expecting exciting news, and now this crap. What a couple of idiots. Way to let the team down. I wonder if Jennert will even stick around now? He was thinking of leaving anyway. I hope he enjoys his thug life and thug attitude he has. He had all the potential in the world. Sad.

disturbing.jpg

C

CyBer

My girlfriend was taking summer classes this year and knew her grades quite a long time ago. I find it hard to believe that Tiller didn't know his grades at the same time as her.....