MLB: Matt Holliday is a dirty player

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
Talk about a late slide, he didn't even start it until he got to the base. He easily could of broken Castro's ankle.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
Easily could of broke his ankle? he taped him on the calf while sliding over the top of the bag. Looked pretty clean from a non cubs perspective.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I hate both the Cubs and the Cards, so someone post the video and I will make a judgement.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Idk how dirty it really was, he's a smart player and guys are taught to break up the DP in that situation. Plus he was sliding, he wasn't going in high. It was a terrible call by the ump though, shoulda called interference and 3rd out. But after that I think samarja(yeah i'm not lookin it up) should have stayed in South Bend, or gone NFL WR imo

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
Easily could of broke his ankle? he taped him on the calf while sliding over the top of the bag. Looked pretty clean from a non cubs perspective.

That's not the point. Holliday didn't start his slide until he got to the base and then he kicked out his leg. Very dangerous play.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Idk how dirty it really was, he's a smart player and guys are taught to break up the DP in that situation. Plus he was sliding, he wasn't going in high. It was a terrible call by the ump though, shoulda called interference and 3rd out. But after that I think samarja(yeah i'm not lookin it up) should have stayed in South Bend, or gone NFL WR imo

As a Cubs fan, that was a good baseball play. You have to try that in that situation. Was it interference? Yes, IMO. But not dirty.

And honestly, I'd be happy if we told Samardzija that we'd pay him to just sit on his couch at home rather than pay him to actually pitch. Good God, he's awful.

ItsCyence

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Sioux City
Sure looks dirty from that pic. He started that slide so late that Castro had no time to prepare or hop over him. It's fine to go in real hard but to start the slide that late is dirty. Castro is lucky he didn't get injured.

I agree.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
That play was very dirty. The throw was already starting to leave his hand and there's no way there was any other intent than to hurt. Would've expected this from the Cards but not Holliday. If he did break his ankle I would hope the Cubs would bean his *** in the head. You dont take out a young franchise player like that. **** the Cards.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
An injury to Castro would pretty much doom the Cubs' chances of winning the division. Oh wait..

Help Support Us

Become a patron