Pelini to Nebraska??

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Tom is good friends with Pelini.

Not a stretch to imagine Bill is fired Saturday and Pellini takes over Monday. Pelini is 1-0 as Nebraska head coach.

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I know there are rumors out there about this happening and I just heard it again from a co-worker in cube city. Has anyone heard anything concrete about this?

Pelini to Nebraska? @ TigerDroppings.com

That would amaze me. After the travesty of what happened after they ran Solich?

Pellini wanted the job then and they offered it to about 5 other people, but not Pellini, before they settled for Callahan. I'd tell them to pound sand.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
That would amaze me. After the travesty of what happened after they ran Solich?

Pellini wanted the job then and they offered it to about 5 other people, but not Pellini, before they settled for Callahan. I'd tell them to pound sand.

I kind of agree here, although there is a new AD in town now than there was at that time.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
Tom is good friends with Pelini.

Not a stretch to imagine Bill is fired Saturday and Pellini takes over Monday. Pelini is 1-0 as Nebraska head coach.

There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY this would ever happen...NO WAY!

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
must be the common theme in Husker city ... I heard the same rumor this morning from a coworker, but Pellini was to take over at the end of the regular season. He couldn't name any other alternatives - he's really in a tough spot right now, I almost feel bad for him.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Where is Garn91? Did he give up on us? I havent seen him post in awhile.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
After what happened last time, I'm guessing they'll have someone ready to step in before they go ahead and fire Callahan. This is a new AD that wasn't consulted the last time around. Pelini knows this and might take it just because Peterson is gone.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I am not understanding why NU has not fired Callahan yet. I mean every single person knows it is coming, the recruits all know, heck my dog knows about it. Just get it over with and get on with things, and get hiring before AtM takes the guy you want.

Of course the ISU fan in me wants them to stretch this out and long as possible so they have to back into a Wayne Morgan type hire.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I am hearing Pelini to Texas A@M and I hear there is strong interest from Both parties.

hall4cy

Oct 22, 2007
Dallas, TX
Do you care to elaborate? I mean, your argument is persuasive as it is, but well... No, I don't get your argument.

Pelini would never leave LSU midseason, especially when they are in a title run. If and when wes miles leaves, he might also have a shot at the LSU job.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Mike Ditka

Ditka to the big 12 = Me not being a Cyclone fan any longer. I can't take looking at the opposing team and realizing we have 0 chance to win since Ditka is coaching. WHo knows what happens if Ditka decides to play against us. We have no chance. Even if they are Mini Ditka's and we have the big version of our team.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
Do you care to elaborate? I mean, your argument is persuasive as it is, but well... No, I don't get your argument.

I would love to elaborate on why if Callahan was fired on Saturday that Pelini would not be hired by Monday...

1) Pelini is currently gainfully employed as the DC on a team that has a legitimate shot at the BCS title game and as a quality guy he would defer such conversation to at earliest after the SEC Championship game.

2) Osborne as acting AD will follow proper etiquette by asking for permission from the LSU AD to visit with Pelini which would likely be denied until after the SEC Championship game at earliest.

3) Pelini was not treated fairly by NU when he left the last time and he remembers this.

4) Pelini will have better opportunities available if he waits for them to develop.

5) I recently got my haircut and Pelini was sitting in the chair next to me. I asked him if he was headed to Nebraska as many reports indicate he might be and with a hearty laugh he answered "Don't believe everything you read or hear!".

I ask you to give me some examples of where coaches have been fired and a replacement from another school has been hired in mid season in CFB...I cannot think of one.

Again...THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY THIS HAPPENS...NO WAY!

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
I heard they were very interested in the Navy Coach too.

He (Paul Johnson) would be a great hire for them. Not so good for us, in my opinion. I'm hoping that NU is "too proud" to hire a "no-name coach from lowly Navy"!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron