Pelini to Nebraska??

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I have heard Paul Johnston and Brian Kelley also.

Maybe they can steal Charlie Weiss from Notre Dame. Tommy Bowden and Bob Davie are ready to jump out of the booth and come back.

I think Cybookie should have a bet when Bill is let go.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
The more I think about the NU job and their current situation, the more I think they are going to have big troubles getting a big name to come in. Most top notch coaches are not going to want to come into a situation where they do not know who there boss will be...Osborne is the interim AD.

It's not just the interim status issue. Word is that Osborne plans to have a hand in many of the short term decisions - style of play, assistants, practice organization, S&C, walk-on program, etc. Established, veteran coaches will want more say in how things are run.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
I have heard Paul Johnston and Brian Kelley also.

Maybe they can steal Charlie Weiss from Notre Dame. Tommy Bowden and Bob Davie are ready to jump out of the booth and come back.

I think Cybookie should have a bet when Bill is let go.

I don't think you could call either Johnson or Kelley "big names".

I heard Jim Rome plug Monte Kiffin as a potential candidate after talking to his son (Lane...the Raiders head coach). He is older and has been an assistant for most of his career but he is a Nebraska guy and is very well respected...invented the "Tampa 2" for crying out loud.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron