Capello Transfering...

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Why is this even the focus of this discussion?

We should be:

1) Saying goodbye to Capello
2) Looking at the implications of this for next year

And what does this mean? Obviously it means Capello feels like he was not going to win the job. Whether he feels like he wasn't getting a fair shake, or that someone was just outperforming him, is up in the air.

Personally I take this as a good sign that hopefully someone is stepping up and beginning to assert themselves as a QB. Again personally I hope it is Jantz. Just my $0.02

Thanks again and best of luck James!

Reactions: cyhiphopp

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006

We should be:

And what does this mean? Obviously it means Capello feels like he was not going to win the job. Whether he feels like he wasn't getting a fair shake, or that someone was just outperforming him, is up in the air.

Personally I take this as a good sign that hopefully someone is stepping up and beginning to assert themselves as a QB. Again personally I hope it is Jantz. Just my $0.02

Not sure how anyone could be stepping up at this time. There are no practices and no way to prove it on the field right now. Weight room and film study. That is it. I am guessing one of two things
  1. Capello was #4 in the pecking order and didn't see getting enough snaps in the fall to change that.
  2. He didn't feel like he got a fair shot.

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
It sounds like the people who are bothered by JC's dad posting on here have had a bad personal experience with OTHER parents and them muddling in their childrens athletic endevors. I get that, I think we all do, some have just had to deal with it personally. This personal experience is causing you to stereotype all parents who take an active (sometimes too active) role.

I would venture to guess behind nearly every great athelete (not saying that JC was) there was a parental figure that was heavily involved in their developement.

Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods are just two that come to mind.
I have coache and dealt with those parents as well. Just never felt that way about Capello.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I'm sure you are oh so perfect aren't you?

Link to any post that said I thought I was? You seem to take particular offense.

I'll say again, there are some really stupid people on here. I won't specifically point them out but they are here. That's OK because the cross section of the general public includes stupid people. I actually enjoy many of their posts but I'm easily humored.

Last edited:

cycloneSOULja

Feb 16, 2011

We should be:

In the scheme of things, it doesn't hurt the team that much, IMO. If your #1 and #2 QB both go down, the season is lost anyhow. Capello was a signing that came later in the recruiting process without the staff's first full year of recruiting. I think when you look at the guys coming in the program at the QB spot, it's fair to say they were able to overcruit him. He would have done fine as a backup, but how could anybody say he'd be able to develop as a starter, other than people emotionally invested in him?

What I don't like is when a parent says, my kid is going to be the starter, he is going to work his tail off over the summer and prove these guys wrong, and then bails.... The coaching staff makes too much money to win ball games. Herman has not proved jack at Iowa State. You don't think that they are going to go with the guy who is clearly the best at the position? There is too much to lose to not do just that.

I also think it speaks VOLUMES he's going DII, not I-AA. Bucknell is only 2 hrs from his hometown in one direction, while Penn, Villanova, etc., are 2 hrs from his hometown another direction.

I just don't understand how you go from saying you think he should win the job in the Big 12, to dropping all the way down to DII.... At a school that won 1 game last year and 0 games two years ago... If you were just almost good enough to start at this level, why drop down so low to a program so bad?

Just doesn't make sense to me.

And here's where it sucks. If his dad never posted here, then people would be all positive, saying good luck.

But instead, because this guy's dad came on here saying how his kid was going to do this and that, and then bails, it makes them all look bad, fair or not.

Reactions: Omaha Cy

cyhawkdmb

Jul 13, 2010
CB
Or are people blinded by there connection to the program instead of the typical posters that make them seem like good posters? Honest question to think about.

Connected or not... your posts make my head hurt.....

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
From my count, three posters in this thread. And like I have said, I have found many parents onmessage boards to be great posters. Many more good posters than bad. Austins Flynn's family never said a bad thing even when he lost the job to Meyer. Kris Mean's parents never said a bad thing even when he transferred. The City is pretty open when money makes mistakes. I guess i have far more examples of family members being good posters than over the top. I can't even think of a bad family memeber posting. They generally keep their mouth shut about internal things and support the program. Even when most fans thought Capello was #4, tom was complimenting the staff and saying he believed in them. I once said I really don't have a lot of faith in the offensive staff and Tom came on and said to trust them. They know what they are doing and are making decisions for the good of the team. I don't see you guys posting those posts.

BTW- if I ever find myself agreeing with cyclonesoulja, I generally know I am wrong.

Cant give you rep but this is right on IMO.

Ditto

nate42smith

Oct 23, 2008
Good luck to James in his future football endeavors. Thank you to his family for being a part of this community, which is not an easy thing for a parent/family member to do. Personally, I had high hopes for James, and I think he will be very successful at his new school.

Sometimes in a sport like college football, I believe that there can be too large of a premium put on things like "arm strength" and "forty time". At times, some of these "measurables" can keep a very good footbal player down the depth chart. I'm not saying that is necessarily the case here, but I do believe that there are some kids that just understand the game, know how to compete, and know how to win on gameday. I believed that James was one of these kids. Again, good luck to James and the entire Capello family.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
image.php

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
Good luck to James in his future football endeavors. Thank you to his family for being a part of this community, which is not an easy thing for a parent/family member to do. Personally, I had high hopes for James, and I think he will be very successful at his new school.

Sometimes in a sport like college football, I believe that there can be too large of a premium put on things like "arm strength" and "forty time". At times, some of these "measurables" can keep a very good footbal player down the depth chart. I'm not saying that is necessarily the case here, but I do believe that there are some kids that just understand the game, know how to compete, and know how to win on gameday. I believed that James was one of these kids. Again, good luck to James and the entire Capello family.

Colt McCoy was a three star QB that ran a 4.7 40 that some considered to have a weak arm. But the guy was a winner. I am not saying that Capello is colt. Just saying there is more to football than physical attributes.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Absolutely not. Capello was a Herman recruit. Somone Herman had his eye on when he was at Rice and brought here when he came

yea u are right. i was just going off memory. thought he was a peterson recruit.

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
There have been others.

Does this make a difference or do we flush the toilet when a new coach comes on board like we did with McDad?
just to restate...Capello was not a chiz**** recruit. He was offered two weeks before he committed and right after Herman joined the staff. herman was keeping his eye on Capello when he was at Rice. Herman loved Capello's accuracy.

Last edited by a moderator:

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Colt McCoy was a three star QB that ran a 4.7 40 that some considered to have a weak arm. But the guy was a winner. I am not saying that Capello is colt. Just saying there is more to football than physical attributes.
But would Colt have had this same success with Iowa State's offensive personnel and not Texas'? He could afford to be a little off because his receivers and line were damn good. Don't get me wrong, he would've helped Iowa State out, but I don't think he would've put up nearly as gaudy of numbers. If you stuck Austen Arnaud on those Texas squads I'm sure he would've looked better too.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron