Capello Transfering...

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Capello was a chizik recruit that rhoads kept on board.

Capello comitted on 2/1/2009. He was a late Herman recruit presumably so that TH could have a spread QB in that class. Jared Barnett committed 5/10/2009 for the 2010 class which was not a good sign for JC.

Reactions: CyDude16

CykoAGR

Dec 16, 2008
Waukee, IA
I don't think anyone is really getting on James' case for transferring. In fact, I think this whole thing would have gone down pretty quietly if his dad hadn't been a somewhat outspoken poster on this board. That's the point people are trying to make. Truth be told, I'm happy for the kid if he gets his chance to get on the field elsewhere, because it wasn't looking great for him here.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I personally didnt see any issues with Mr Capello posting on the board. I didnt think that he went out of his way to say that his son wasnt getting the opportunity that he deserved or that he berated the coaches or the team in any way. From what I can tell he might have been a bit biased in favor of his son but not in any terms was he unrealistic. There were a lot of other posters who agreed that JC was challenging for playing time. Heck even Austen said that he was in the mix so I guess I dont see anything wrong with his dad saying the same thing.

Overall I enjoyed the insight that he provided and other than saying that JC was going to "stay and work his *** off" everything was for the most part truthful. I would guess that at the time of the post stating that JC was going to stay that was his intentions.

I can personally think of quite a few other posters who were much worse when it came to blindly supporting family members or someone else that they had a personal relationship with, specifically on the McD coaching issue etc.

Either way best of luck to JC and his family and I for one appreciate his time and effort while he was a cyclone and wish him nothing but the best from here on out.

Reactions: cyhiphopp

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Where have I have said they've been disrespectful? No where. I specifically said some posts came off the wrong way or worded that gave off an inappropriate vibe because its a family member posting on a message board. Thats where my problem lies.

Maybe pay attention a little bit more.

I think it's more your problem with a family member being on here that it was his words. As soon as some see that it's a family member they get the idea that the family member is in the wrong.

aauummm

June is National Camping Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around

J
ames and the Capello family are classy people who love and enjoy Iowa State. I will always be a fan of James and the family where ever he goes. Good luck with the Criminal Justice degree and career, James. Maybe you can come back to ISU after your eligibility is used up and get your Masters Degree?

Once a Cyclone always a Cyclone, so no matter where you go, you will have a huge Cyclone family backing you! Good Luck and take it to the house, James!!:yes:

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I think it's more your problem with a family member being on here that it was his words. As soon as some see that it's a family member they get the idea that the family member is in the wrong.

Or the fact, that having a family member posting has hardly ever turned out a good thing in the past. And it reminds posters of those dads who take there kids athletics far too seriously.

CykoAGR

Dec 16, 2008
Waukee, IA
Or the fact, that having a family member posting has hardly ever turned out a good thing in the past. And it reminds posters of those dads who take there kids athletics far too seriously.

Yeah because non-family members dont ever take their teams athletics too seriously? Give me a break.

I think as a general statement having a family member posting COULD be a bad thing. It just seems that in this instance it wasnt.

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
The guy was still behind Tiller and Jantz after going all the way through spring ball. There's a bunch of young QB prospects coming in. I'm sure James worked hard and was a decent QB in practice, but it sure seems pretty clear that his ship had sailed.
Interesting. You see when I heard Rhoads say that Capello and Barnett had great practices elading up to the Spring game and then had good spring games that put them in the running, I just took him for his word. Silly me.

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
I think everyone and their mom moves the ball and scores points on our defense recently.

And yes, I'm sure Coach Rhoads is out there trying to lose football games. He'd prefer to leave his best quarterback on the sidelines. Do people actually believe that crap? I'm trying to remember the last time I heard a coach say "Yeah, he sucks, but we're going to keep him on scholarship. He'll never see the field but we hope he gets a great education."
It was interesting listen to CPR talk about Capello. He continually said the saem thing. James doesn't do anything flashy but he moves the ball and he scores points. He did it against Utah and he does it in practice." Sorry but that is more than you can say for any QB on our tem at this time.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
CyDude16 FTW in this thread.

Everyone has their opinion and obviously that's fine.

To me any parent that comes on a message board is asking for trouble. Even if they have zero intention to say one word about their son. (Obviously wasn't the case here) If they start seeing posts saying something at all negative, they're more than likely going to get on the defensive.

Posts from them will start to be passively aggressive. Bragging up their son, saying he wasn't given a fair chance, etc...

Reactions: CyDude16

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
It was interesting listen to CPR talk about Capello. He continually said the saem thing. James doesn't do anything flashy but he moves the ball and he scores points. He did it against Utah and he does it in practice." Sorry but that is more than you can say for any QB on our tem at this time.

Oh wow, he scored a td against Utah's back-ups, considered me thoroughly impressed. He didn't even have a collegiate throw. Just cause someone does something in practice doesn't mean they can do it in games. Wasn't that the mantra of the anti-AA crowd last year because he would do well in practice, but some games would falter?

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
Theres no need to throw players under the bus, but when family members come on a message board, which I don't agree with anyways, and rubs a number of posters the wrong way, certainly calls for some calling out of that family member. I would be embarrassed if I had a family member post on a message board.
Still trying to see where he rubbed people the wrong way. He never said a bad word about others, the staff, fans, players, never...The closest thing he said was"this is the first time he was disappointed in cyclone fans." Following the spring game because even though his son moved the offense as effectively as the others, fans automatically put him behind.
People that are upset about anything Capello said, are just looking for something to be upset about.

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
So I'm an idiot for feeling rubbed the wrong way by the dad who was most likely "that guy" who yelled at his son and coaches during pee wee football? And lives vicariously through his son? Thats just the vibe I got from his posts.... Thanks!
Never got that vibe form his posts. Never. I am perplexed at how people got that vibe.

Help Support Us

Become a patron