Capello Transfering...

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Wait, I thought he was going to stay and work hard and fight for his position...... SMH, thats what people get for listening to a dad that lives vicariously through there own kid's lives.

This continues my belief, family members should not post on message board.

Last edited:

cycloneSOULja

Feb 16, 2011
Nothing in that post makes Tom Capello seem like an ***. As a matter of fact, he is 100% correct concerning his son's performance. And he just talks about the hard work it takes to compete.

I for one don't think he got a fair shake. Especially as the only guy that "just moves the offense and scores points."

If he didn't get a fair shake, then why not transfer to a I-AA school? Why drop down to DII?

CykoAGR

Dec 16, 2008
Waukee, IA
First I am sad to see him go but if JC and his family and CPR and staff feel that this is his best opportunity to play then I do not blame him one bit.

From the sounds of it JC gave it everything that he had and it was not enough in the eyes of the coaches to get meaningful playing time.

There are always going to be a small % of the fans who are negative toward any decision like this. Those people are small minded and are truly the ones that have "an axe to grind" with life in general. Would you not want the same from your son/daughter? All JC and his family want is the ability for their son to play college football, when it became apparent that it would not happen at ISU the decision was made to move on. If anything I see this as a postitive for ISU in that while James was here he provided competition to the other QB's on the roster and now his scholarship could be used on another player who could make a greater impact.

I see this as a win for both James and ISU.

I dont understand the need for anyone to ridicule JC or his family for this decision and I am yet to see where his dad posted anything that was was negative toward the staff or the program.

I wish JC the best and hope that he lights up the DII opponents.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
There is no need to throw the parents under the bus.

Theres no need to throw players under the bus, but when family members come on a message board, which I don't agree with anyways, and rubs a number of posters the wrong way, certainly calls for some calling out of that family member. I would be embarrassed if I had a family member post on a message board.

BD4CY

Sep 22, 2007
Theres no need to throw players under the bus, but when family members come on a message board, which I don't agree with anyways, and rubs a number of posters the wrong way, certainly calls for some calling out of that family member. I would be embarrassed if I had a family member post on a message board.

This. I agree on all points.

Reactions: CyDude16

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
First I am sad to see him go but if JC and his family and CPR and staff feel that this is his best opportunity to play then I do not blame him one bit.

From the sounds of it JC gave it everything that he had and it was not enough in the eyes of the coaches to get meaningful playing time.

There are always going to be a small % of the fans who are negative toward any decision like this. Those people are small minded and are truly the ones that have "an axe to grind" with life in general. Would you not want the same from your son/daughter? All JC and his family want is the ability for their son to play college football, when it became apparent that it would not happen at ISU the decision was made to move on. If anything I see this as a postitive for ISU in that while James was here he provided competition to the other QB's on the roster and now his scholarship could be used on another player who could make a greater impact.

I see this as a win for both James and ISU.

I dont understand the need for anyone to ridicule JC or his family for this decision and I am yet to see where his dad posted anything that was was negative toward the staff or the program.

I wish JC the best and hope that he lights up the DII opponents.

I don't think anyone is really getting on James' case for transferring. In fact, I think this whole thing would have gone down pretty quietly if his dad hadn't been a somewhat outspoken poster on this board. That's the point people are trying to make. Truth be told, I'm happy for the kid if he gets his chance to get on the field elsewhere, because it wasn't looking great for him here.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006

The posters who were rubbed the wrong way by Mr. Capello's posts are idiots to begin with. His son or other family members shouldn't be embarrassed due to those idiots.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
The posters who were rubbed the wrong way by Mr. Capello's posts are idiots to begin with. His son or other family members shouldn't be embarrassed due to those idiots.

So I'm an idiot for feeling rubbed the wrong way by the dad who was most likely "that guy" who yelled at his son and coaches during pee wee football? And lives vicariously through his son? Thats just the vibe I got from his posts.... Thanks!

4Cyclones

Sep 10, 2009
Ankeny
This is really to bad. JC was a hard worker, and a good kid on and off the field. I enjoyed Mr. Capello's insight and was a solid Fanatic. Many on here really read way too much into some of Tom's posts, IMO. Near as I can tell, JC backed up everything that TC put on here. My fear is that JC may not have the physical attributes that B12 coaches are looking for, ie 6'4", 225#. I'll bet he'll do a great job at Tiffin, which I would think he chose so he could play right away, and not sit out a year.

Good luck and best wishes Capello's!

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I could see this one coming since he committed. He was a very late pickup in Rhoads first class, after we wiffed on some other QBs, and he didn't have any other D1 offers. We took a chance, added some depth at the position... best of luck to him, hope he kicks butt at whatever level Tiffin is.

Capello was a chizik recruit that rhoads kept on board.

nickwc

Mar 27, 2007
Denver, CO
This is good news IMO. Steele Janz must be making progress and turning some heads for Capello to transfer because by all accounts he was here to win the job and put his best foot forward.

I enjoyed Mr. Capello's thoughts on the team, Iowa State, and the Ames community. I see no problem with his posts.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
This is really to bad. JC was a hard worker, and a good kid on and off the field. I enjoyed Mr. Capello's insight and was a solid Fanatic. Many on here really read way too much into some of Tom's posts, IMO. Near as I can tell, JC backed up everything that TC put on here. My fear is that JC may not have the physical attributes that B12 coaches are looking for, ie 6'4", 225#. I'll bet he'll do a great job at Tiffin, which I would think he chose so he could play right away, and not sit out a year.

Good luck and best wishes Capello's!

Eh wrong, Tom said something to the tune of JC is going to stay here and compete and be a fighter for the position. Transferring is going against what he said.

I do wish James the best though with future endeavors.

I bet Tom is over on Tiffin's message board starting to hype up James!

Last edited:

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
This is good news IMO. Steele Janz must be making progress and turning some heads for Capello to transfer because by all accounts he was here to win the job and put his best foot forward.

I enjoyed Mr. Capello's thoughts on the team, Iowa State, and the Ames community. I see no problem with his posts.

I don't think Capello transferring has anything to do with Steele Jantz

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
Nothing but the best wishes for James future football career and the Capello family. Stay in touch with your cyclone friends.

AlleyAddict

Jan 19, 2010
Ames
Eh wrong, Tom said something to the tune of JC is going to stay here and compete and be a fighter for the position. Transferring is going against what he said.

I do wish James the best though with future endeavors.

I bet Tom is over on Tiffin's message board starting to hype up James!

That's a stretch.

cyhawkdmb

Jul 13, 2010
CB
We still dont have any examples of the Capello family disrespecting anyone..... & pages and no examples... Bring them forward....

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I was hoping our Starting QB next year would be at least him or Jantz...

One transferring was too be expected.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
We still dont have any examples of the Capello family disrespecting anyone..... & pages and no examples... Bring them forward....

Where have I have said they've been disrespectful? No where. I specifically said some posts came off the wrong way or worded that gave off an inappropriate vibe because its a family member posting on a message board. Thats where my problem lies.

Maybe pay attention a little bit more.