Capello Transfering...

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Since we drove to ISU to bring James some things and see the game we just got home recently,but wanted to thank the people of Iowa again for making our weekend an enjoyable one,and ISU has the greatest fans and also it was great to finally meet you Ron.There was a post on here insinuating that myself or someone in our family posted it,but like i said before if we have something to say we will use our name to do it. The poster asked how we thought James did,come on he is our son he did great(LOL). But seriously we thought he did some things good and some things he can improve on.The one pass over the middle app 25 yds that hit the receiver right in the hands,to bad it was dropped we think showed his arm strength which some on here have doubted.Some on here said he will always be a backup,I don't know thats for others to decide.We saw throughout the years what he is capable of,is it good enough for the Big 12 I don't know.Anyway we just wanted to say thanks to all of you for making us feel like part of the ISU family. Hope to see all of you soon especially when you come East to play Connecticut.

All the best

Capello's

Yeah, what a terrible representative of his son and family. :jimlad: Some of you need to actually get outside and interact with people without a computer screen in front of you. Embarrassing!

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
I don't see anything even remotely wrong with the "Capello" posts in this thread. I think some people just love to take the attack stance.
I agree, if that constitutes having and "axe to grind", then you have mighty thin skin.

For selfish reasons, I wish he would have stayed. He is a high character kid and you can never have too many of them around. I hope he feels like he got a fair shake.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I never saw anything negative, nor did I see any axes being grinded, but hey, it's a message board and people will read posts how they will. I wish them good luck. He wants a better opportunity to start and I can't fault a kid for that. I'll always credit the kids who stick it out and play for the love of the game, with no shot at starting, but in the end, I don't understand not playing. It's probably the last chance to put on the pads for 99% of these kids, I say play where you can.

The only thing negative I see at all in this is that ISU was not chosen for the school and the environment. It was chosen mainly as a good chance to play. One thing about ISU is that if you don't love it as a whole, you might as well move on. (this is really for any school you choose) Football shouldn't be the only reason you chose a school to attend. It's also a place to get an education.

Good Luck to him and his family.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I could see this one coming since he committed. He was a very late pickup in Rhoads first class, after we wiffed on some other QBs, and he didn't have any other D1 offers. We took a chance, added some depth at the position... best of luck to him, hope he kicks butt at whatever level Tiffin is.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I think there's a little bit of a difference between being overzealous in the defense of your son (which this appears to be the case) and being a flat out doucher.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Did I miss something? His family member that posted on CF about James never said anything to make an *** out of him. We were provided with insight into James personal desire to work his butt off to try to win the starting job at ISU. Nothing wrong with that at all. The posts were respectful and to the point. His family from what was posted enjoyed their time in Ames, enjoyed meeting fellow ISU fans, etc... Much like TheCity, I enjoyed reading the posts giving us a bit more insight into the players time at ISU.

Hopefully we will get some updates on how he is doing with his new football program.

Great post. I'd be sending rep but apparently I've fired too much your way already.

cycloneSOULja

Feb 16, 2011
I have no problem with him being overzealous of his son... He's a parent... But to air it out on a fan messageboard is silly.

The parent wants their kid to play. The fan wants the best guy to play so the team can win. Not exactly the same goals, IMO.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
I have no problem with him being overzealous of his son... He's a parent... But to air it out on a fan messageboard is silly.

The parent wants their kid to play. The fan wants the best guy to play so the team can win. Not exactly the same goals, IMO.

I still haven't seen an example of this from Mr. Capello.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
I think there's a little bit of a difference between being overzealous in the defense of your son (which this appears to be the case) and being a flat out doucher.

I have no idea if Papa Capello is a ****** or not in real life, but it does seem that he lacked some common sense with SOME of his posts to the site. Do we all occassionally post stupid or short-sighted comments on the team or players? Yea, but none of us really have a dog in the fight other than wanting the clones to do well. Pretty sure that if you're openly the parent of a current player the best course of action is to keep your mouth shut and support your kid in the privacy of your own home.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
His family took offense that us fans didn't consider him a legit candidate for being the starter this year... Tried to convince us it was going to happen.

IMO, they worried too much about what other people thought, and that's confirmed by the way they posted.

Other family members of other players usually come on here and are like "we had a great time, you are great fans, etc", but his family came on here with an axe to grind, IMO.

I think that you are off base. Every parent wants their kid to start. And most are biased toward their kid. What's wrong with that? I don't see that as having an axe to grind. I don't think that Capello's dad came on here with an agenda, although it does have to be tough seeing a bunch of armchair QBs tossing out opinions about your kid without knowing anything behind the scenes.

I'm sad to see Capello go. Everything I heard about him was that he might not look pretty or have the strongest arm, but he just moves the chains. A QB like that can sometimes rise above the rest if other guys are struggling with accuracy or turnovers. I think that he got a legitimate shot this spring and he wasn't out of it for the fall. That's actually pretty impressive for a RS Soph who was a late signee for a newly hired staff. Those commits hardly ever play or compete for spots. Good luck to James in Ohio.

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
Wow...I don't see anything wrong with the link or the post you quoted. The guy is proud of his son, mentions he works his *** off, and that he thinks his son has that baility to play. he doesn't degrade Cyclone fans, or staff. doesn't ***** about anything. Evene after cyclone fans repeatedly say his son has absolutely no shot.

I actually thought the guy went ou of his way to be nice.

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006

1. I still haven't seen an example of him being overzealous
  2. How in the hell do you know that Capello couldn't be the best QB?

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I wonder if his little brother also has the opportunity at Tiffin?

Best of luck to the Capello family. I am glad that they were brave enough to post on here and I don't hold anything against them. The only time Tom spoke out negatively was after a long thread bashing his kid which he couldn't take anymore. I might do the same in defense of my sons.