Capello Transfering...

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
I think that you are off base. Every parent wants their kid to start. And most are biased toward their kid. What's wrong with that? I don't see that as having an axe to grind. I don't think that Capello's dad came on here with an agenda, although it does have to be tough seeing a bunch of armchair QBs tossing out opinions about your kid without knowing anything behind the scenes.

I'm sad to see Capello go. Everything I heard about him was that he might not look pretty or have the strongest arm, but he just moves the chains. A QB like that can sometimes rise above the rest if other guys are struggling with accuracy or turnovers. I think that he got a legitimate shot this spring and he wasn't out of it for the fall. That's actually pretty impressive for a RS Soph who was a late signee for a newly hired staff. Those commits hardly ever play or compete for spots. Good luck to James in Ohio.
Agree whole heartedly. CPR contniued to say "James won't impress you with an physical ability but he consistently moves the ball. In practice, in the game, he moves the ball and scores points."

I am really disappointed that he is leaving.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
Best of luck to James at Tiffin. Will definitely be following his performance there.

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
He said his Kid was going to work his butt off and his son expected to be the man next year. I guess he should have said "Don't follow your dreams son. I don't support you. You can't do it"
Kinda what I took form everything these guys posted.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
  1. I still haven't seen an example of him being overzealous
  2. How in the hell do you know that Capello couldn't be the best QB?

The guy was still behind Tiller and Jantz after going all the way through spring ball. There's a bunch of young QB prospects coming in. I'm sure James worked hard and was a decent QB in practice, but it sure seems pretty clear that his ship had sailed.

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
  1. I still haven't seen an example of him being overzealous
  2. How in the hell do you know that Capello couldn't be the best QB?

I highly doubt CPR and staff had it out for James, and since he's transferring, James must have even knew he wasn't the best QB.

Freebird

Apr 11, 2006
Capello worked hard as a Cyclone. His family posted well wishes and gratitude to cyclone nation. Let's do the same and wish them good luck in the future. Once a Cyclone, always a Cyclone in my eyes.
Good luck James, you will do well.

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
See post #37 in this thread.
Nothing in that post makes Tom Capello seem like an ***. As a matter of fact, he is 100% correct concerning his son's performance. And he just talks about the hard work it takes to compete.

I for one don't think he got a fair shake. Especially as the only guy that "just moves the offense and scores points."

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I for one don't think he got a fair shake. Especially as the only guy that "just moves the offense and scores points."

I think everyone and their mom moves the ball and scores points on our defense recently.

And yes, I'm sure Coach Rhoads is out there trying to lose football games. He'd prefer to leave his best quarterback on the sidelines. Do people actually believe that crap? I'm trying to remember the last time I heard a coach say "Yeah, he sucks, but we're going to keep him on scholarship. He'll never see the field but we hope he gets a great education."

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Wow...I don't see anything wrong with the link or the post you quoted. The guy is proud of his son, mentions he works his *** off, and that he thinks his son has that baility to play. he doesn't degrade Cyclone fans, or staff. doesn't ***** about anything. Evene after cyclone fans repeatedly say his son has absolutely no shot.

I actually thought the guy went ou of his way to be nice.

I am in total agreement with you here.

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
I think everyone and their mom moves the ball and scores points on our defense recently.

And yes, I'm sure Coach Rhoads is out there trying to lose football games. He'd prefer to leave his best quarterback on the sidelines. Do people actually believe that crap? I'm trying to remember the last time I heard a coach say "Yeah, he sucks, but we're going to keep him on scholarship. He'll never see the field but we hope he gets a great education."

I think the more you tell yourself that, the more you think its true, good job.

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010
Why is this such a hot topic? Who didn't see it coming? Division 2 is the right level for Capello, he can be a stud player there. Smart move.

Last edited:

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
It's a shame to lose a hard worker and a character guy, but it's probably the best move for him if he just wants to play. Although, if the worst happens and Tiller and Jantz both struggle to produce by midseason I wonder if he'll be watching from Ohio and wondering what if...

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
It's a shame to lose a hard worker and a character guy, but it's probably the best move for him if he just wants to play. Although, if the worst happens and Tiller and Jantz both struggle to produce by midseason I wonder if he'll be watching from Ohio and wondering what if...

If Tiller and Jantz are that bad midseason and a bowl game is out of the question it might just be best to see what Barnett can do.

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
Good luck to James and his family.

I hope his father continues to be a contributing member to this board and keeps us updated on James endeavors. You are still a part of the Cyclone family.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Oh Tommy boy...donde esta?!? I guess he did want to battle for the starting QB position..just not here :biglaugh:

Shameful.

Best of luck to James in all of his future endeavors. Also, to his family, I'm sure that Tiffin University will be grateful to have such great fans joining their fanbase, if you act anything like you have for Iowa State.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Its unfortunate that hes leaving, but these things happen in CFB all the time. I was looking forward to seeing him on the field again in the future. ISU is likely going to have a a small recruiting class next year, so it gives Rhoads another scholarship to work with. Take some positives away from it.

It does clear up the QB situation a bit, and gives Barnett more snaps this fall. That can;t hurt his growth. With 4 already on the team, and 2 more showing up this august...its inevitable someone would decide to go.

Tom Capello posting here wasn't a problem. I enjoyed the insight he provided. I do think he tends to take the small minority here that doubted James a little too seriously though. Its a message board and random strangers will always have free reign to take shots at anything/anyone.

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
Originally Posted by Capello
This was the first time that i was disaponted at some cyclone fans. I was warned what to say on this forumn but sometimes you just can't shut up!!.One poster said Capello will never see the field, what does he know that we do not? This came from our high school coach who watched all of ISU games this year and was very disapointed that James did not get to throw.he is very blunt, and honest and he said James can play at this level and in this offense,he already did it for four years. But we just want him to get a fair shake this spring if he wins it fine if not fine as long as it is fair. He will work his *** off this summer and hopefully win all the matt drills just like this year.He went andf spoke to PR and asked what he needs to do to win this job, and he said it was a very good talk and honest. He said he wants it so bad and is willing to work for it. So cyclone fans don't dispare we have Q/Bs that can get the job done. You know who i am and i'm anxious to hear your remarks,but don't count someone out just because they were not given the chance to throw in a game yet. I don't believe JC has forgotten everything he has been doing now for the past six years. Thanks for a great year true cyclone fans.

Tom Capello

CycloneSOULja, I see nothing wrong with that post whatsoever and find it odd that you would use that as an example. I also thought he had a real chance based on his performance not hype like some of the other candidates. He did get an honest chance at the spring game and I am sure was a little disappointed in the results. Although I saw nothing to indicate he could not one day start. He was not going to have the starting or second string job based of his performance. He made a judgement that he would rather have a better chance at playing at a smaller school. Good luck to you James. You and your family were nothing but a class act.

Last edited: