Big XII Survives!! Announcement Coming Within A Matter of Minutes

ISUcy08

Dec 22, 2008
I thought one of the reasons the Big 12 is surviving, supposedly, is because they can split all that money between fewer teams. So why would they add anyone else?

driegner

Jun 9, 2010
Columbus, OH
Big 12 North: Mormans and pilots

Big 12 South: Baptists and Cowboys.

EPIC. I think AF and BYU are good choices and will make the Big 12 a more diverse conference. However, with all the concerns about travel to Big East schools, I'm wondering why Salt Lake City is any better? Is it simply that they're the only school that's significantly further away?

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
So has anyone heard whether this Texas TV deal would get the first or last choice in programming? I have to believe that any TV network would require first choice in programming. I also can see the secondary sports getting enough of a following to get their own network.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
So has anyone heard whether this Texas TV deal would get the first or last choice in programming? I have to believe that any TV network would require first choice in programming. I also can see the secondary sports getting enough of a following to get their own network.

Given that the Big Bucks are being paid by the big networks, theyre going to get first pick, just like within the big 10. Any school network will get what they dont want.

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
Seeing as this thread was started 1 and a half hours ago and I was promised an announcement within minutes. I'm starting to get concerned.

M3MEPLEASE

Sep 4, 2009
I don't get why everyone is getting so excited. I do not trust Texas one bit. This is by no means a done deal yet.

FDCy83

May 15, 2008
I admit that I have not read this whole thread, but my thoughts are this. Could this whole realignment talk have been a ploy by Texas and others to get a better deal from tv and such, and perhaps weaken the North to the point whoever wins the South wins the automatic bid without question? Or am I being too synichal?

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
I admit that I have not read this whole thread, but my thoughts are this. Could this whole realignment talk have been a ploy by Texas and others to get a better deal from tv and such, and perhaps weaken the North to the point whoever wins the South wins the automatic bid without question? Or am I being too synichal?

cynical.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I don't get why everyone is getting so excited. I do not trust Texas one bit. This is by no means a done deal yet.

Agreed. Theres a lot to see here too that we dont know.

-What we'd be making
-What about others in the conference. Not even texas, because we'll never catch them. The main question is what are we making compared to those we Need to beat every year.
-Will we go back to 12, if so, who will we add?
-Will we play a championship game (looking like not), and why would we forfeit the payout from that?

cyowa

Apr 18, 2006
That may be the biggest fact of the day! :smile::smile::smile: We actually will have 6 wrestling teams in conference then.

That clinches it for me - bring them on board! Man, I hope this is all for real, I can't take another disapointment. The BIg 12 Lives! - Please!!

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

If there are 10 teams there won't be a "North" and "South". They will play a round robin schedule and the best team takes the AQ.

Nov 9, 2009
Ames
meh........not much I don't think. I think any team who is in that game will bring the fans. I tell you, I think we lose more money if there is an upset and we don't get a team to the NC because of it.

In which case we possibly get two teams into BCS games instead of just one, as would have been the case if Nebraska beat Texas last year.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Paul Clark's tweet after that mentions that 'plan b' is migration to big east.

We've got options.

I'm not reading a ton into the contingency plan meeting. That's exactly what it is. A contingency plan.

The guy from Tech sounded pretty god damned sure everyone was sticking it out.