Who has not been nice tailgating???

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Just got this e-mail from the Cyclone Club, we will all be getting a reminder note when we enter the lots on Saturday reminding us on the gameday parking policies. It looks like the donors in some lots who come late are having a hard time getting to open spots and have complained, at least that is how I see it reading between the lines. The e-mail is below.

"
Dear Cyclone Fans,

The popularity of tailgating at Jack Trice Stadium doesn’t come without important reminders to ensure fan safety and protection of personal property. As you enter the donor parking lots on Saturday, each vehicle will receive a handout highlighting the gameday parking policies at Jack Trice Stadium.

The two topics of special interest include: a parking permit is valid for one (1) parking stall. All vehicles should be respectively parked within a stall’s allotted space. Additionally, for your safety, it is imperative traffic lanes within the lots remain clear to allow other vehicles to reach a parking stall. Fans should be considerate of others and move tailgating activities if need be to allow fellow fans to reach their parking destination.

Fans not cooperating with the above mentioned policies will have their parking permit number recorded. Failure to follow the policies may result in the revoking of priority parking privileges for future games and/or seasons.
In advance, thank you for cooperating and assisting to ensure everyone’s safety and gameday experience are enjoyable.

Go Cyclones!

Cyclone Club"

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
We got it, too. Why not say they've already been noting the permit numbers of the vehicles of those fans who have not been following the policies? This is more like a finger-shaking from a irritated schoolteacher.

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I would say that it is more to make the complainers happy. It shows that they are attempting to fix a small problem that quite frankly is unfixable. It really goes both ways, those tailgating and having stuff in the lane need to be ready and accomidating to move there things when someone comes by, however, those late comers also need to be patient and give the people a minute or two to get the stuff moved, almost every week I see someone come in and mad as hell because things are in the lane, then they almost either run someone over or run something over and cause more of a problem. Early people need to be ready to move, and late comrs need to have patience and give a minute or two.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
So these donors expect to show up 10 minutes before kickoff, get a good parking spot, are suppose to be able to walk straight to there seats? While all the blue collar fans that buy season tickets every year, come to the games rain, sleet or snow, while these donors will sit at home, are suppose to get out of there way? Just because the biggest home game of the year draws the most fans, they have to complain. I guess they just need something to complain about.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
So these donors expect to show up 10 minutes before kickoff, get a good parking spot, are suppose to be able to walk straight to there seats? While all the blue collar fans that buy season tickets every year, come to the games rain, sleet or snow, while these donors will sit at home, are suppose to get out of there way? Just because the biggest home game of the year draws the most fans, they have to complain. I guess they just need something to complain about.

Chill! You're using a lot of paint with your comments.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Just don't be a moron and take up more spaces than you pay for or block traffic lanes, that's all the letter says.

CYKID

Oct 18, 2006
Clive
I had one of these late comers pull into the open spot next to us at the Iowa game. He wasn't being cautious at all. He starting driving over my bags board(caught the corner of it with his tire) I motioned for him to stop and back up so his car wouldn't completely crush it. I yanked it out and he pulled forward without looking and ran right over all of my bags. No Apology. What a dbag. If you are that late, fine you did pay for your spot but watch where you are going.

drunkincy

Sep 2, 2009
I had one of these late comers pull into the open spot next to us at the Iowa game. He wasn't being cautious at all. He starting driving over my bags board(caught the corner of it with his tire) I motioned for him to stop and back up so his car wouldn't completely crush it. I yanked it out and he pulled forward without looking and ran right over all of my bags. No Apology. What a dbag. If you are that late, fine you did pay for your spot but watch where you are going.

Does anyone know if they sell exactly the same amount of parking passes per spots. Cause in my eyes if they did that there is no way to keep the lanes open.

Next time you see that person you should give him a bill for new bags stating that they ruined the last ones.

GoShow97

Oct 18, 2006
homeless
So these donors expect to show up 10 minutes before kickoff, get a good parking spot, are suppose to be able to walk straight to there seats? While all the blue collar fans that buy season tickets every year, come to the games rain, sleet or snow, while these donors will sit at home, are suppose to get out of there way? .
Yes, now that you understand you can quit your whining and remember to get out of my way.

GoShow97

Oct 18, 2006
homeless
How about you not leaving your crap out in others peoples way. Very simple.

CyAg

May 22, 2006
Each donor paid for one spot, if you are taking more than one, or in an aisle.

Kinda like speeding, go ahead if you want, but do not complain if ticketed.

It was out of hand last game.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown

Yep, and they pay for that privilege. Donors are why ISU still has sports teams.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I would say that it is more to make the complainers happy. It shows that they are attempting to fix a small problem that quite frankly is unfixable. It really goes both ways, those tailgating and having stuff in the lane need to be ready and accomidating to move there things when someone comes by, however, those late comers also need to be patient and give the people a minute or two to get the stuff moved, almost every week I see someone come in and mad as hell because things are in the lane, then they almost either run someone over or run something over and cause more of a problem. Early people need to be ready to move, and late comrs need to have patience and give a minute or two.

This. Those tailgating in the aisles should be ready to move out of the way for a car that needs to go through, but if you arrive late, you should also be prepared to wait for them to move. A little courtesy on BOTH sides goes a long way. Theres never going to be a perfect solution.... most of those who paid for parking spots are going to want to tailgate as well, and there is not unlimited space up in the grass areas around the stadium for tailgating, so some of it is going to have to happen in the lot area itself.

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
This problem is easily solvable by filling one or two lanes at a time. Once the lane is full, there is no need for traffic down that lane and there's plenty of room for bags, etc.

This is an easy fix.

flander1649

Apr 20, 2006
Kansas City
Visit site
I got yelled at for saving the two spots next to us when there were a ton of other spots still left. My friends showed up 5 minutes after we gave in to letting them have one of those spots. Then they complained the rest of the day about us having too many people at our tailgate.

Help Support Us

Become a patron