Who has not been nice tailgating???

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

drunkincy

Sep 2, 2009
I got yelled at for saving the two spots next to us when there were a ton of other spots still left. My friends showed up 5 minutes after we gave in to letting them have one of those spots. Then they complained the rest of the day about us having too many people at our tailgate.

Just tell them sorry for having to many friends and you like to party. haha

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
Some of you assume that all donors show up late and complain. This is not the case. Most donors are at the stadium pretty early. Not 5am, but they usually have banquets or tailgates to attend as well.

It only takes a few complaints before the parking people get tired of fielding complaints. The response: Send out a mass e-mail along with wasted paper telling grown people how to act in a respectful manner.

CYKID

Oct 18, 2006
Clive
How about you not leaving your crap out in others peoples way. Very simple.
So you have never gone one foot out of your tailgate zone while tailgating? I didn't mind moving it but couldn't he have been a little more cautious when hurrying into his spot. I had everything gathered as we were preparing to go into the stadium. He invaded my space while trying to park. He never attempted to slow down or anything until I put my hand on his windshield for him to stop. I wouldn't be ******** if he would have at least said "sorry". Maybe he was just old and couldn't see good enough but thats a topic for another post.

CyAg

May 22, 2006
Ok have a question, unless he was parking on top of your car, how was he invading your space since you only have 1?

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
only complaint i have about the donor lot is the few people that have to bring their entire in-home speaker system to jam out. Last couple years there was a guy with some 80's style tower speakers, this year there's a giant F750 that some guy spent way too much money on that has speakers covering every square inch of it. At the NDSU game it got to the point where you couldn't have a conversation because of their music and we were in next lot over.

ia8manfan

Apr 12, 2006
Philadelphia
If you don't like it, there's room in the grass lots!

Consider tailgating at the new Cowboys stadium. You are only allowed to tailgate on the perimeter of the lots, where there is grass. Forget parking in a normal stall and even just sitting in a chair. You'll get the boot. So only a very small percentage of spots are available for tailgating (less than 10%)

I remember down at Reliant a few years ago for the bowl game that you were not allowed to have anything in the travel lane, even after everyone had parked (seems like Texas has strict fire lane laws) we should be so lucky with the type of tailgating that goes on in the parking lots of Jack Trice.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Yes, now that you understand you can quit your whining and remember to get out of my way.

Problem is I don't even park in the donor lot, If I did though and you came by, I'd check to make sure all your tires are properly inflated before you went home.:wideeyed:

BCforISU

Feb 17, 2008
Madison, WI
Holy Crap people take a pill...

I was a donor last year, we had our bags in the isle, but never had a problem moving them for people, and no one ever had a problem waiting a second for us to do so. I would guess the Iowa game had a bit to do with the situations that happened + booze + there are just plain ***holes out there, even at ISU.

Take a breath and do unto others as the saying goes.

jtaconutz

Feb 1, 2007
With your mom
For those of us who were in attendance when the parking lots were always empty, along with the seats, I think that is the best email I have heard. Struggling to find a parking spot before the game because our fan base is overwhelming the stadium, are you kidding me? That is awesome!

What's the next complaint you want to discuss, traffic backed up on Highway 30? Bring it on. I love it all, we have come a long way Cyclone fans.:yes:

P.S. I also enjoyed it when the university raised the parking rates in the grass fields and the masses still showed up.

Reactions: CyGuy33

CYKID

Oct 18, 2006
Clive
Ok have a question, unless he was parking on top of your car, how was he invading your space since you only have 1?
The term tailgating would imply that you are allowed a certain amount of room behind your vehicle to tailgate. I don't know exactly how much room that is, but I wasn't impeding the drive lane. He was awfully close to my vehicle when he pulled into the spot. In reality he was probably closer to my side because the people behind us had their tailgate party further into the driving lane than ours. He just simply wasn't paying attention, that's what gets my goat.

CyAg

May 22, 2006
Understand and apprecitate that. As another poster said it is about mutual courtesy, but it boils down to leaving a lane open for cars to drive through.

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
Each donor paid for one spot, if you are taking more than one, or in an aisle.

Kinda like speeding, go ahead if you want, but do not complain if ticketed.

It was out of hand last game.

Last game was the Iowa game tell me one thing that doesnt get out of hand that day!!!!

Again, why dont people ask people to move their **** or ask them to stopping smoking pot before narcing everyone out!!!!

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
I would say that it is more to make the complainers happy. It shows that they are attempting to fix a small problem that quite frankly is unfixable. It really goes both ways, those tailgating and having stuff in the lane need to be ready and accomidating to move there things when someone comes by, however, those late comers also need to be patient and give the people a minute or two to get the stuff moved, almost every week I see someone come in and mad as hell because things are in the lane, then they almost either run someone over or run something over and cause more of a problem. Early people need to be ready to move, and late comrs need to have patience and give a minute or two.

best post of the thread.

not a big deal to have stuff in and around other spots or driveways (you never know if that spot is going to be used). But be READY to move it when a car is coming. And for those cars that have stuff in their way, either in the driveway or parking spot; have a little patience, and the person SHOULD be READY and willing to move their stuff.

Both are not a big deal, unless one side doesn't hold up to their end of the bargain.

-keep