Banks,Laing, Hamlin (REAL Thread)

CO4Cy

Nov 19, 2008
Lafayette, CO
The fact that a warrant was out for their arrest by the Drug Task Force has me worried that this is just more than a bust for possession.

Glad to see the indefinite suspension come up quickly . We will be lucky to see Banks in an ISU uniform again.

However, the bond amount suggests that it was not a serious offense.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I really think the whole thing about the Drug Task Force is all about who they bought it from. If they bought it from an informant (which happens often enough) than the cops would get a warrant, and ask them to turn themselves in. It very much could be, and likely is, possession, as opposed to distribution or production.

rdubbs

Feb 12, 2009
Central Iowa
I still think that is a hilariously-titled website. It's reminiscent of Hendrix's "kiss the sky/kiss that guy" lyric...Hawk Cuddle!:biglaugh:

Was it named that because of the way the Hawks hold hands in the "swarm"?? So cuddly.

Probably named that way because that's what the Hawk fans hold on Friday Nights before games. Huddles, you know, where fans get together before games?

agcy68

Feb 9, 2007
Iowa
I think we all knew that something like this could happen. The question know is: what should their punishment be? Personally, I hope that it is strong enough to deter future situations.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Probably named that way because that's what the Hawk fans hold on Friday Nights before games. Huddles, you know, where fans get together before games?

But it sounds like "cuddles"!!

It just sounds to me like the site should be themed like Iowa's visiting locker room...all pink. Does a lot of spooning happen at these cuddles?

rich4cy

Apr 11, 2006
Hopefully CPR gets a few more facts before jumping to punishments like some on this board!!!....could it be that they all live together and weed was found in the apartment and everyone got the charge?..i think some time to review everything before decisions are made

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

you know another thing about Hawk Huddles?

Nobody cares about Hawk Huddles.

Keep posts on topic.

This type of commentary is not needed, appreciated, nor desired.

khess83

Jan 7, 2009
Waukee , IA
This is the appropriate response at this point. Suspend them indefinitely, due to their self-admission, continue to sort through the details and then hand down their punishment accordingly.

I am not sure you can exactly look at this as a true admission to guilt, turning themsleves in. The reason I say this is that it is not like they smoked last night and then walked into the police station and turned themselves in. Instead they were most likely notified that there was a warrant out for their arrest. That is a huge difference. At this point not knowing the extent of the issue, I am not sure what the proper punishment is.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Sorry but this thread will turn into the last one because we still have people on here who think we should boot these guys for a minor first time offense. Until these people learn we all need to live in the real world and not some tough guy internet world matters like these will turn into fiasco's.

So, what will your response be should the coach decide to remove one or more of these men from the team?

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
So, what will your response be should the coach decide to remove one or more of these men from the team?
Kind of impossible to say since we don't know anything about what they were arrested for. But if it were just possession of marijuana with nothing about intent to sell or grow or whatever I'd be very disappointed in Coach Rhoads.

MoreCowbell

Apr 23, 2009
I would say, that's probably not how I would have handled it, but he's the coach and I'll support his decision.

bufante

Nov 27, 2006
DMI
Possession of Marijuana is a simple misdemeanor, as is a speeding ticket, as is underage possession of alcohol etc...

OWI is a serious misdemeanor.

Do we kick every player off the team that got a speeding ticket?

Just saying.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
I don't see them getting kicked off the team, but I do see a suspension. I'm not sure how many games, but I would assume more than one. I would hope CPR has a two strike policy. These guys will do their time, miss their games, and come back after the suspensions. If they show up anywhere near the police blotter again, they're done. At least that's how I hope this situation is resolved.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I'd give 'em a choice. 2 game suspension and 6am workouts 7 days a week for both weeks regardless. They can either take a third game suspension and continue those workouts, or they have workouts at 5am instead of 6am for two weeks and they're good to go. If they show up late for any of them, suspend them longer. You make your statement, and you give them some of the discretion as to their punishment and you find out how much football really means to them.

It would've been 3 right off the top, but I'll give them some leeway for turning themselves in.

I never played college ball but I'm assuming the football team might have 5-6 a.m. workouts anyway (one of the things I hated about HS football - getting up early just to lift weights at 6 in the morning)...

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
The real question is why was there a warrant in the first place?