Your greatest athletic accomplishment?

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
All conference tennis, jr and sr doubles and singles. didn't lose a doubles match in 2 years, but had to play singles at sectionals, got 3rd to 2 state place winners at sectionals.

Bumped up to wrestle 152 vs. Denver (ia) to win meet, pretty cool experience, even though we and I sucked pretty bad.

1st in ankeny co-ed softball 2007, 2nd in 2008. Miss those days!

Did you wrestle Shute?

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Hit th cycle in little league. 4-4. We won 9-8. Broke my arm later that weekend, done for the year.

Pinned a kid in 17 second in jr high. Broke my arm later that day after falling off my skateboard.

Held Russ Millard to just one basket in HS bball. It was a three pointer, who knew.

And for the "other" poster on softball.. I went 7-9 in Alabama for nationals in 1993. ;)

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
In my 12 years of softball with our traveling team I was the homerun king when in my prime. Ironically I came out of retirement and played for our company team and was the only one that could still hit it out over the younger guys. Wussies! :wink:

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
Didn't pitch (ever) until last year when I was a junior. This year as a senior I beat Johnston for my first career win. I know they were down, but it's still Johnston. I also managed to give up 9 runs to Iowa City West in 1/3 of an inning in my first career start. That takes skill :jimlad:

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
One time I got kicked out of a tennis tourney in high school for pegging this kid in the face from atlantic who was ******* me off cause he sucked so bad.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I threw for 4 touchdowns and ran 3 in during one game, plus had 2 pick 6's.

Unfortunantly this was while tutoring at Hubbard/Radcliffe Elementary against 3rd and 4th graders.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
In softball I bounced a homerun off a guys forehead. That doesn't happen everyday!

true story, I was at that game and took a pic of it.

pg2_g_canseco3_sw_400.jpg

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
In softball I bounced a homerun off a guys forehead. That doesn't happen everyday!

That reminds me of a time in hs. I was punting against a good team on about the 50. I got off a booming spiraling punt headed towards the corner. All of a sudden, it hits the ref in the head, bounces across the field and stops within a few inches of the goal line. It ended up being like a 50 yard punt with perfect precision.

NebrClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Starting on slow pitch softball team that went to the nationals twice in the top Industrial league. The company paid all our expenses during the year and we played 80+ games. Out best year was 80-8, with 2 of the loss in the National finals.

drunkincy

Sep 2, 2009
Football senior year HS vs. Knoxville I took out two QB's and when I took out the back up I managed to knock myself out. This was done on same set of downs. If I remember right there was only one play between. There were a few irrate mothers after the second QB was taken out.

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
That reminds me of a time in hs. I was punting against a good team on about the 50. I got off a booming spiraling punt headed towards the corner. All of a sudden, it hits the ref in the head, bounces across the field and stops within a few inches of the goal line. It ended up being like a 50 yard punt with perfect precision.
That's pretty awesome...yep, I'm bowing to you on that one!

asmosis

Jul 6, 2010
Minneapolis
10-th grade traveling "B" team basketball team. Finished the season (about 15 games) a perfect 12 for 12 from the charity stripe.

We had a week of bowling for P.E. in high school. Freshman year I had only broken 100 once for the first 4 days. On friday I used a crappy, beat-up bowling ball and had a perfect game through 9 frames. Of course everyone came over to watch the final 3 rolls. They were 9 with a spare and then a gutter. Final score 269. RARELY have I been over 150 since.

Just recently, I batted .571 with 8 RBI and 6 runs score for my winless slow-pitch softball team. It's a pretty good clip considering we usually got 10-runned by about the 4th inning in over half of our games. I've got NO power so almost all were line-drives and ground-ball gap singles.

Sy4Cy

Sep 1, 2009
We were playing the crappiest team in little league and I made two double plays on my own both popping out to me and then I tagged first and an inside the park home run.

Help Support Us

Become a patron