Your favorite underappreciated movie

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

TedFlintKansas

Mar 5, 2009
thetailgatesociety.com
This discussion begins and ends with True Romance. A great movie by Tarintino that not many people have seen. It has a great cast of actors.

He wrote it, did not direct it, Tony Scott did the movie and changed the S cript a lot, Tarintino sold the S cript to make Reservoir dogs, I like True Romance a lot, just corrected you, since Im a movie geek

06Panther

Sep 1, 2008
This discussion begins and ends with True Romance. A great movie by Tarintino that not many people have seen. It has a great cast of actors.

Written by tarantino, but not directed.

edit: beat me to it.

clone34

Mar 29, 2009
I never said he directed it. It is a name people know so I thought people would check it out because he is attached to it. Very underrated in my opinion.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan

That is exactly the first movie I thought of. Panned by critics, and avoided by movie-goers, I saw it by accident. And loved it.

I got the book and read it as well. The movie did it justice, I thought.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
A Requiem For a Dream
Snatch
Good Will Hunting (I know a lot of people like it but I consider one of the best of my time)

Wow...this movie gives me nightmares. Not to say it isn't good, because I think it is...it just scares me. Jennifer Connelly...SO HOT!

Along the same lines, and I believe underappreciated, Trainspotting. I had the pleasure of watching this movie as a part of the English 105 curriculum at good 'ole Iowa State University.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
One of my favorite movies of all time is "The Insider" starring Russell Crowe as the big tobacco whistleblower and Al Pacino as a producer for 60 Minutes. I think it was fairly critically acclaimed but wasn't a box office smash. It is a fascinating true story, definitely worth throwing into your Netflix cue!

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
John Belushi in Continental Divide.

(watch it with your girlfriend/significant other)

CyGal

Mar 1, 2006
WDM
Anyone see In Bruges? I loved it when I saw it, and really want to see it again.

rdubbs

Feb 12, 2009
Central Iowa
max