You know what I am sick of

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
a front page full of complaining on here. We need an offensive line coach, we need a coordinator, our defense sucks, Campbell sucks, the field sucks, we don't play like a ranked team, we don't play like a 3rd place team, the Houston bowl is better than we deserve, if we didn't have David and Hakeem we wouldn't have won as many games (well, no ******* ****) and on and on and on.

We just won 8 games in the regular season for the first time ever. We won 7 of our last 8 and didn't have any hiccups getting there. Sure we didn't play our absolute best against Baylor and Kansas and Kansas State, and Drake. But we won those games. Guess what? That is what ranked teams do. That's what 3rd place conference teams do.

Today was a **** show. It could have been the most embarrassing loss in school history. But guess what? It wasn't. And that's enough for fans. Let the players and coaches worry about the rest of it.

We need to learn to handle success. We need to start acting like we belong. Over the last two years we have been a top 25 team. We are playing a true freshman quarterback who has never played in these types of conditions.

Remember how miserable it is when we actually do suck? Why would anyone want to feel like that when we don't have to?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
We need to learn to handle success. We need to start acting like we belong.

Literally any fanbase would be melting down about nearly losing to drake. Especially the ones that 'belong'.

We had a great october, but we havent really looked great most of november, with those wins mostly coming on the back of having bad competition (baylor, kansas, ksu, drake)

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Literally any fanbase would be melting down about nearly losing to drake. Especially the ones that 'belong'.

We had a great october, but we havent really looked great most of november, with those wins mostly coming on the back of having bad competition (baylor, kansas, ksu, drake)

True, but our November this year was better than last year, so it was a step forward. Still a year ahead of schedule too. Today was just a bad mix of things that shouldn't happen, but they still found a way out of it.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
a front page full of complaining on here. We need an offensive line coach, we need a coordinator, our defense sucks, Campbell sucks, the field sucks, we don't play like a ranked team, we don't play like a 3rd place team, the Houston bowl is better than we deserve, if we didn't have David and Hakeem we wouldn't have won as many games (well, no ******* ****) and on and on and on.

We just won 8 games in the regular season for the first time ever. We won 7 of our last 8 and didn't have any hiccups getting there. Sure we didn't play our absolute best against Baylor and Kansas and Kansas State, and Drake. But we won those games. Guess what? That is what ranked teams do. That's what 3rd place conference teams do.

Today was a **** show. It could have been the most embarrassing loss in school history. But guess what? It wasn't. And that's enough for fans. Let the players and coaches worry about the rest of it.

We need to learn to handle success. We need to start acting like we belong. Over the last two years we have been a top 25 team. We are playing a true freshman quarterback who has never played in these types of conditions.

Remember how miserable it is when we actually do suck? Why would anyone want to feel like that when we don't have to?
good post, although this wasn't the first time we've won 8 regular season games in a season. We did it in 2000.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

Maybe, but it was a weird game. Miserable weather, etc.

Plenty of teams lost to the teams we beat in November. That's my point. Good teams beat the bad teams. And we did. We didn't lose to those teams.

• Agree
Reactions: kcclone33

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
good post, although this wasn't the first time we've won 8 regular season games in a season. We did it in 2000.

I knew that. Not sure why I put first time ;)

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

Minor complaint - it's not the first time we've won 8 games in a regular season; just the first time since 2000. 1971 and 1976-78 were also 8-win regular seasons.

I think it's the first time we've ever won 6 conference games, though.

I totally agree, though - the whining on this site has become incessant. It got so bad I quit the in-game thread because 75% of the posters in that thread were pissing me off more than either the game or cyclones.tv.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Minor complaint - it's not the first time we've won 8 games in a regular season; just the first time since 2000. 1971 and 1976-78 were also 8-win regular seasons.

I think it's the first time we've ever won 6 conference games, though.

I totally agree, though - the whining on this site has become incessant. It got so bad I quit the in-game thread because 75% of the posters in that thread were pissing me off more than either the game or cyclones.tv.

I just dropped in with my thoughts without reading much of the rest of the thread. I like it better that way. Game day threads are cesspools.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
True, but our November this year was better than last year, so it was a step forward. Still a year ahead of schedule too. Today was just a bad mix of things that shouldn't happen, but they still found a way out of it.

Today was God's way of laughing at us. It was fitting that the season got off to a bad start because of unusual terrible weather and then ended with unusual terrible weather. Obviously, we've never had a game cancelled before. And I doubt there have been too many December 1st's with that combination of rain, sleet, and snow.

• Winner
Reactions: rbrook

CYber_saber

Mar 2, 2017
Today was God's way of laughing at us. It was fitting that the season got off to a bad start because of unusual terrible weather and then ended with unusual terrible weather. Obviously, we've never had a game cancelled before. And I doubt there have been too many December 1st's with that combination of rain, sleet, and snow.

Ah, so blame God!?

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
We nearly lost in the biggest upset in college football history. Team of non scholarship players vs the #23 team in FBS who where favored by 42. It’s natural for people to be upset and I understand people being embarrassed by the result because it is embarrassing. That’s not to say that I haven’t been greatful for the rest of the year because it was a great year overall minus today.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
the game.
We nearly lost in the biggest upset in college football history. Team of non scholarship players vs the #23 team in FBS who where favored by 42. It’s natural for people to be upset and I understand people being embarrassed by the result because it is embarrassing. That’s not to say that I haven’t been greatful for the rest of the year because it was a great year overall minus today.

It's not embarrassing. It would have been had we lost. But we won. Flush it and forget it.