Yet another good OL to Iowa!! Whats going on?

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
That's fine, but where he went to school really isn't the issue here, is it? The issue is that some people here are getting their panties in a wad because the OP had the audacity to point out what is a fairly common point of view on this website and a fairly common thing in IC with football players

rdubbs

Feb 12, 2009
Central Iowa
That's fine, but where he went to school really isn't the issue here, is it? The issue is that some people here are getting their panties in a wad because the OP had the audacity to point out what is a fairly common point of view on this website.

Couldn't disagree more. I don't really think kids that go to Iowa on a scholarship are in "danger" as the OP stated.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
That's fine, but where he went to school really isn't the issue here, is it? The issue is that some people here are getting their panties in a wad because the OP had the audacity to point out what is a fairly common point of view on this website.

Nah, I'm fine with someone pointing that out. Just have the onions to say you're a Hawk, not that you're someone you're not.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Hey, so let's talk about Andrew Donnal!

Andrew Donnal
4-star offensive tackle
#16 OT in the nation
#127 player overall
6'7"
275 lb
4.9 forty
Offers from:
Michigan
Michigan State
Illinois
Wisconsin
Virginia
West Virginia
NC State
S Carolina
And several others

Looks like a good one!

A good one ? Lemme just say we haven't had an OL / DL recruit with those credentials in years - maybe decades.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Nah, I'm fine with someone pointing that out. Just have the onions to say you're a Hawk, not that you're someone you're not.

This.. It will just fuel more hawk defenders being blinded by a few idiotic posters ( who are a majority are hawks themselves) like that compared to a more stable fan base. Then it becomes a battle isu vs. iowa everytime

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny

I think your confusing "common point of view" with the "psychotic loud noises hammer of truth and justice" crew.

And as Bryce said, dear lord opt-in

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky

you really think this is a common point of view here?

Last edited by a moderator:

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
I think your confusing "common point of view" with the "psychotic loud noises hammer of truth and justice" crew.

And as Bryce said, dear lord opt-in

You're probably right, but the latter speak the loudest, and are the most militant. Maybe they're the vocal minority of the vocal minority.

For every person here who has reasonable opinions, there are 3 or 4 like URBClone, JoeFrog, sunset, DryBurn, Al_4_State (every once in a while), etc...., and the loudest voices tend to shout down the voices of reason.

Last edited:

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
You're probably right, but the latter speak the loudest, and are the most militant. Maybe they're the vocal minority of the vocal minority.

Yea kinda sad when a fan bases militant wing has so little left in the flaming tank that they don't even bother with, you know, the sports talk smack and just start smiting with the moral hammer huh :mask:

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
It is threads like this that help remind me the type of fanbase Hawkeye athletic attracts. And also why I am so glad I abandoned being a part of it so many years ago.

I love being a Cyclone alum and fan. Love it.