Yes, it is way too early for next year's rankings ...

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
Holy hell. You mean they're stars, yet you have them ranked 7th?

And please list kst's upgrade in talent. You talking about those two redshirt bigs? Better be bringing more than that. Kst missed their biggest chance to upgrade, and that was at the HC position.

To be fair we finished 6th this year. Dropping a spot after losing 3 starters and an all American isn't super crazy.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Only if you're biased. If objective, you would consider K-State in route to a considerably better season given everyone returns and the additional talent.

Kansas State will still be one of the least talented teams in the conference. Oklahoma has two high level guards coming in this year plus return Woodard who is better than anyone Kansas State has but you choose to ignore that.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Kansas State will still be one of the least talented teams in the conference. Oklahoma has two high level guards coming in this year plus return Woodard who is better than anyone Kansas State has but you choose to ignore that.

You're just talking smack on K-State. Stop.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You're just talking smack on K-State. Stop.

You won 5 games last year in the league, lose your best player, the rest of the conference adds talent to their roster and you have the worst coach in the conference. Truth hurts

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Holy hell. You mean they're stars, yet you have them ranked 7th?

And please list kst's upgrade in talent. You talking about those two redshirt bigs? Better be bringing more than that. Kst missed their biggest chance to upgrade, and that was at the HC position.

Well, to be fair, look at all we had this past year and we finished a measly 6th

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
You know, K-State had UNC beat and did beat #1 OU this year when they had a point guard? They were in every game, pretty much, even without Stokes.

Well, the whole squad returns. And those three freshmen will be sophomores. Plus, two bigs come off redshirt. And a 4* comes to play. Both DJ Johnson and Wes Iwundu will star as seniors, to answer your question. The team goes on a Euro trip this summer. Last time, they came back from overseas to win a league banner. I look for a solid club next season. Very exciting.

Problem is that Bruce Weber is still your head coach.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Well, to be fair, look at all we had this past year and we finished a measly 6th

Correct, I'd say Iowa St underachieved. Naz's injury didn't help, but absolutely Iowa St should have been higher. I also think the Big 12 this past season and this coming season will be quite a bit different.

This year the Big 12 had the overall 1 seed, a 2 seed, a 3 seed, a 4 seed, two 5 seeds, and an 8 seed. No way the Big 12 had that many top rated teams next year.

I've said Iowa St can have less talent next season, and finish higher. Many reasons factor into that.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Not sure how to rank this league other than with Josh Jackson, Ku will dominate. So, here ... Ku - solid guards and another rent-a-player probably WVU - no reason to think Huggs is going away with that talent UT - bringing in more than returning Baylor - deep and athletic K-State - major upgrade Tech - returning pieces ISU - assuming Naz and Monte return oSu - Underwood inherits great guards OU - Lon will have to rebuild TCU - we'll see what coaching means
This is hilarious. Thank you for this. it will be a source of laughs all next season.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Only if you're biased. If objective, you would consider K-State in route to a considerably better season given everyone returns and the additional talent coming to Manhattan. http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article58656163.html
I don't think it takes being biased to question whether or not KSU will improve 4-5 wins from last year by losing their best player and bringing in some mediocre recruits. I can see KSU getting up to maybe 7-8 wins in the Big 12 but not much more than that.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
You know, K-State had UNC beat and did beat #1 OU this year when they had a point guard? They were in every game, pretty much, even without Stokes.

Well, the whole squad returns. And those three freshmen will be sophomores. Plus, two bigs come off redshirt. And a 4* comes to play. Both DJ Johnson and Wes Iwundu will star as seniors, to answer your question. The team goes on a Euro trip this summer. Last time, they came back from overseas to win a league banner. I look for a solid club next season. Very exciting.

Did you guys get a new coach too? If not, I'll believe improvement on the court when I see it.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I don't think it takes being biased to question whether or not KSU will improve 4-5 wins from last year by losing their best player and bringing in some mediocre recruits. I can see KSU getting up to maybe 7-8 wins in the Big 12 but not much more than that.

Edwards is gone. He was the best player much of last year as a senior. But you're seriously not suggesting that he's better than all the returners plus the incoming recruits, are you? If so, competitive bias is seriously overlapping your judgement.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Edwards is gone. He was the best player much of last year as a senior. But you're seriously not suggesting that he's better than all the returners plus the incoming recruits, are you? If so, competitive bias is seriously overlapping your judgement.
Alrighty. I'll pencil you in for KSU and 10 Big 12 wins. I'll take the under and we'll see who is right. Unless I missed a list that had more than just those two kids ranked 200/300 or whatever then your incoming recruits are irrelevant.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
How is it tuco is the reasonable troll in this thread?

Would someone please explain to shurls how recruiting rankings work. I hate to rail on him too hard, but he's kind of sounding like hawk trolls last season, defending their bad recruits, and talking themselves into how great they were gunna be.