WWE Elimination Chamber/Fastlane (2017) Thread

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Throws him into 1/4 inch (At most) clear plastic sheet. Bet that really hurt. Too soft to be plexiglass.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
jdogg did you know wyatt was going to win? or just guessing?

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
It was rumored before the Rumble that Orton would win the Rumble, then Bray would win the title at Elimination Chamber, setting up the match between the two to end Ortons run with the Wyatt family.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

Prior to Rumble, especially right up to it, all the rumors suggested Orton was going to win the Rumble and Wyatt was going to win the championship at Elimination Chamber to set up a match at Mania between the two.

If you go back to when Orton joined the Wyatt Family, it has always been suggested he did so simply to destroy it. Now look where we're at - Harper and Wyatt have turned on one another, and Wyatt is about to be corrupted by the gold. Orton's long game plan to destroy the Wyatt Family is well on track.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
That's why I don't like reading rumors. Whether true or not I like being completely surprised.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
To each their own. It's why I try to use spoiler tags for big things like this.

Yeah that's much appreciated. Kind of a filler PPV for me tonight. Orton's match and the Chamber match were entertaining.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
To each their own. It's why I try to use spoiler tags for big things like this.

Honest question, and not trying to troll or anything like that. Why do you enjoy knowing what happens 2 PPV in advance, and how does that affect your viewing of these events? Of course the rumors could be completely true, or you can be thrown in a different direction. Just curious.

I can also be the same way about certain events. I can't watch any sporting event even on a 10 second delay as I need to know what's happening live. A MUCH closer example to your scenario is I'm a huge Big Brother fan, and need to know results as soon as they happen even though I know I won't see it play out for a few days where i get to see how the story is told.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Honest question, and not trying to troll or anything like that. Why do you enjoy knowing what happens 2 PPV in advance, and how does that affect your viewing of these events? Of course the rumors could be completely true, or you can be thrown in a different direction. Just curious.

I can also be the same way about certain events. I can't watch any sporting event even on a 10 second delay as I need to know what's happening live. A MUCH closer example to your scenario is I'm a huge Big Brother fan, and need to know results as soon as they happen even though I know I won't see it play out for a few days where i get to see how the story is told.

First, I tend to run these wrestling threads, so it helps when I keep my ear to the ground. I can put it out there when I hear that someone is coming to WWE, someone is returning from injury, or someone is being promoted from NXT. Seeing rumors such as Orton winning the Rumble, Wyatt winning WWE championship, and the two meeting at Mania goes with the territory.

Second, I treat pro wrestling and sports differently. I'm with you on sports - unless its rewatching an Iowa State victory, I hate watching sports on delay. I'd rather get the score real time than wait and watch a recording. When it comes to wrestling, its scripted - the outcomes are predetermined. For whatever reason I've never had a problem looking at IMDB or wikis before going to see a movie or watch a TV show. Spoilers in entertainment just don't bother me. It's why I have to be exceptionally careful in Game of Thrones threads - and I got myself in trouble a number of times. I would just rather know.

Third, just because a rumor is out there doesn't mean the rumor is true. For instance, the going rumor was Roman Reigns was going to beat Kevin Owens at the Rumble for the Universal Championship and Jericho was going to screw up, costing Owens the match, kickstarting their feud culminating at Mania. That obviously didn't happen. To me, sometimes its just as much fun playing the "Did David Meltzer (and others) get their rumors right or wrong this time" game than it is knowing nothing and being totally surprised.

Like I said earlier, to each their own. Also, like I said, its also why I try to hide the "big stuff" in spoiler tags.

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
I'm going to change one aspect of this - instead of just standing behind her, she turns her and hits her with a finisher. As much as I love the brutality of the RamPaige, I'd prefer a new finisher, one because the RamPaige would be a dead giveaway, two because I'm not sure how easy it would be to hit a RamPaige on someone with Charlotte's height.

Obs, Paige either wrecks Charlotte after the reveal or Charlotte sees Paige's face and runs through the crowd.

I hope Paige brings back the Texas Cloverleaf or has a MMA type finisher.