Would you root for a rival?

Dolokaju

Jun 8, 2006
Never will root for Iowa in those circumstances...If Nebraska and Missouri leave, I will have total indifference to anything Big 10(14 or 16) related...anybody talks about one of those teams, its "don't care...c ya later"

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
But you said it yourself - you HAD a choice.

Put him in the iron maiden...

Iron Maiden! EXCELLENT!

2927754818_49e77eb7dc_o.jpg

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
hes right, illinois is a fail. and lets play nice, even though dimmer isnt really an insult.:wink:

Only if we can agree that Illinois isnt a fail. You have no personal hatred toward Illinois besides that they are in the big 10. Right? Im not a big 10 hater, grew up an Illinois fan through family so I dont hate the big ten. And I do like to play nice btw. :wink:

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
i dont h.a.t.e em, i just think they are a fail. no hatred here!:wink:

Putting aside my own personal hatred of the big ten... Illinois has been to the national championship game in BB and went to a BCS bowl in the last 10 years...

to call illinois fail would be like calling every ISU fan fail. not going to self-hate, are you?

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
i dont h.a.t.e em, i just think they are a fail. no hatred here!:wink:

Hey they have been to 2 bcs games, and a final 4 recently :wink:
Ya they did fail at all 3 games though, but I blame the refs VS UNC in 05, the bowl games the just plain got whipped. :yes:

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
I got this from another blog several months ago. A Baylor fan was saying that if the Big 12 broke apart and Baylor went to C-USA or a small conference along those lines, he would still root for Baylor, but would have a bigger interest in Texas, even though he hates Texas right now. He believed it is better for the state of Texas to see at least one school in a power conference and for all fans to get behind this school. IF ISU fell to a "smaller conference", would you change keep your affiliation with ISU and root for ISU and someone in "power conference?" I cannot honestly find myself rooting for anyone outside of ISU not even Iowa even though I live in the state.

I could root for Iowa. I like them. I really do. I like ISU more, but I think the folks at Iowa are just plain good folks. I hope lots of people feel the same way I do.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I could root for Iowa. I like them. I really do. I like ISU more, but I think the folks at Iowa are just plain good folks. I hope lots of people feel the same way I do.

What are you doing on here?
Spreading the good word?

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA
I have a friend who is currently an Iowa State graduate and a strong supporter of the University including financially. He stated that he would start rooting for the University of Iowa who he strongly dislikes right now. I personally do not understand this line of thinking or agree with it. I am an Iowa State University graduate -- a LOYAL SON FOR EVER TRUE. Iowa State is a victim in this whole thing. I will root for Iowa State and only Iowa State. Forever and always. I don't care what happens with conference re-alignment. If we wind up in the Missouri Valley Conference (which we won't) you would still find me making the same financial donation to Iowa State and more importantly you would still find me at every home Football game and every home Men's BB game. Go Cyclones!!!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron