Would you root for a rival?

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
I got this from another blog several months ago. A Baylor fan was saying that if the Big 12 broke apart and Baylor went to C-USA or a small conference along those lines, he would still root for Baylor, but would have a bigger interest in Texas, even though he hates Texas right now. He believed it is better for the state of Texas to see at least one school in a power conference and for all fans to get behind this school. IF ISU fell to a "smaller conference", would you change keep your affiliation with ISU and root for ISU and someone in "power conference?" I cannot honestly find myself rooting for anyone outside of ISU not even Iowa even though I live in the state.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I got this from another blog several months ago. A Baylor fan was saying that if the Big 12 broke apart and Baylor went to C-USA or a small conference along those lines, he would still root for Baylor, but would have a bigger interest in Texas, even though he hates Texas right now. He believed it is better for the state of Texas to see at least one school in a power conference and for all fans to get behind this school. IF ISU fell to a "smaller conference", would you change keep your affiliation with ISU and root for ISU and someone in "power conference?" I cannot honestly find myself rooting for anyone outside of ISU not even Iowa even though I live in the state.

I'd root for ISU if they went NAIA, and if I was forced to support a division I team from my state that wasn't ISU, I'd move.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Fail

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I would root for Iowa State. They are my school through thick and thin.

Just stupid if you feel the need to associate yourself with an AQ school just because.

No worries though...ISU will be just fine.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I would. Under no circumstances will I ever root for Iowa. I may not wish for them to lose anymore but I cannot root for them. I would still be a Cyclone but I would probably put more energy into Michigan. Of course, that is pretty stupid because it isn't really an either/or type of deal. You can root for more than one team. It's not like it takes all of your energy to root for a team.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I grew up following Notre Dame, and will always root for them, but ISU is and will continue to be my team.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I'd still root for ISU, but Wisconsin would likely become my primary team. I could never go back to cheering for the black and gold, even if it was good for the state.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
My dad's side of the family are Irish Catholics living in Indiana.. so I had little choice! lol

Ah just giving ya hell:wink:. Im a die hard Illinois fan since my whole family went there except me, so I understand your loyalty. :yes:

fccy

Dec 31, 2008
Forest City
No. But then again, where I went to undergrad school, there were two schools that had buildings one block from each other. No dislike between those two schools:wink:

Help Support Us

Become a patron