Worst possible game commentating teams

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
The 11 am ESPN2 Big Ten crew. The chick and Joey Galloway. I just can't stand either's voice and they are boring as hell, the big 10 deserves them lol. To make it even worse add Mr. know it all Mike Tirico.

IASTATE4LIFE

Apr 22, 2010
whoever did the Boise St vs. Utah game last night. That was horrible. By the way, both those teams are terrible.

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
I know that many of you wont know or care, but the Iowa Hawkeye Women's Basketball duo beats anyone mentioned.
Lets see for adjectives... shrill, clueless, distracting, beyond biased, whiny, did I say clueless.. I could go on. One night a couple of years ago I was listening (something on the radio as I was driving) and it was UI vs Penn State. Iowa was up by 13--15 points in the 2nd half, and they went on a 5--6 minute diatribe about some recipe for plum pudding-WITH HARD SAUCE--that Brent's wife had done. Not one mention of the game during the discussion... and when they got back to it, Iowa had a 3 point lead. Just try to listen to that team sometime. It is so poor it is amusing at times. And yes, I am biased, but I kid you not.

I listened to part of one of the Iowa games in the Atlantis tournament on WHO. Whoever was doing the game with Bobby Hansen was absolutely TERRIBLE. For at least 5-10 minutes, no mention of the score or time left in the game. Oh, then it turns out that there's only 13 seconds left. OH, LET'S ACTUALLY COMMENTATE NOW. You literally couldn't tell if there was a game going on, or if they were just in a long timeout and vamping. It was the worst play-by-play I have ever heard.

Could it have been the women's guy?

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
For football, Musberger, Herbstreit, and Jesse Palmer. Still remember the K-State game with someone last year when Klein got dinged up a little and K-State still routing someone, and Musberger and Herbstreit both sounded drunk off their gourds. Jesse Palmer very one sided. Dishonorable mention to Chuck Long and his brilliant play-by-play of Knott's interception of Vandenburg with the highly intelligent, "Oh, crap!"

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
The guy who did the ISU-Tulsa game this year and was very confused why a defensive end was left unblocked when Tulsa ran the zone read.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
That guy Petros Pappadakis was terrible. Right off the bat, he's screwing guys names up and mistaking one team for the other

No announcer with a moniker like that should be screwing up others' names.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
The 11 am ESPN2 Big Ten crew. The chick and Joey Galloway. I just can't stand either's voice and they are boring as hell, the big 10 deserves them lol. To make it even worse add Mr. know it all Mike Tirico.

This x1000. The always get muted and put on the little TV in my man cave :)

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Is it just me or has Collinsworth started looking more and more like a cadaver over the course of the last 5 years or so?

It is certainly not just you. And he is a pompous windbag too. He does look kind of fat compared to that Uthoff kid though. They must just starve the Hok transfers so they can still claim they are doing things "the right way."

statsaholic

May 17, 2006
Sloan, Iowa
I listened to part of one of the Iowa games in the Atlantis tournament on WHO. Whoever was doing the game with Bobby Hansen was absolutely TERRIBLE. For at least 5-10 minutes, no mention of the score or time left in the game. Oh, then it turns out that there's only 13 seconds left. OH, LET'S ACTUALLY COMMENTATE NOW. You literally couldn't tell if there was a game going on, or if they were just in a long timeout and vamping. It was the worst play-by-play I have ever heard.

Could it have been the women's guy?

I heard that too, and you are right... he was baaa-aad. But it wasnt Brent whatshisname who does the women's games. They must breed bad announcers in Iowa City.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
How on earth has Tony Siragusa not been mentioned yet?

motorCYcle

Jun 18, 2008
Ames, Iowa
Who are the *** hats that do the Drake games?

Not sure if he still does it, but Mediacom used to get Adam Emmenecker on for the ISU/Drake games. He was pretty bad, aside from the fact that he didn't even try to hide the fact that he was a Drake homer during the broadcast. Constantly said "we" when referring to Drake.

I'm not suggesting he is the worst, btw.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron