Worst halftime show ever

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
I can only imagine what Jamie's inbox looks like this morning

Wonder if he's got more emails about the halftime show or the 3000 people standing in the parquet for the last 8 minutes of game time.

CYlent Bob

Aug 7, 2006
The Winterset Metroplex
Next time, instead of throwing frisbees to the dogs, maybe they should consider starving the dogs for ten days, have the "magicians" do their act slathered in BBQ sauce & then release the dogs onto the floor two minutes into the act?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Wonder if he's got more emails about the halftime show or the 3000 people standing in the parquet for the last 8 minutes of game time.

My husband suggested a solution of sorts for that. Send a fire marshal through, tell them to find a seat or exit to the outer concourse. And ENFORCE it. :)

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
They were so damn awkward and unfunny.

ISU could've just done different variations of the Applebee's/Allied shuffles for 15 mins and people would've been happier. I'll never understand why people eat those shuffle games up, but props to the kid on the screen who was holding up four fingers while the 3 apple shuffle was going on.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Why? Not exactly sure what the problem is. We effectively get 3000 people closer to the court making more noise for the end of games.

At least half the people standing in the concourse are from the parquet which is moving them further from the court. Also, the people standing there aren't exactly cheering or making much noise.

Amesboy

Feb 25, 2012
Get Eddie next time or just do a dance cam.
[video=youtube;eQb6Y8ZnYLc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQb6Y8ZnYLc[/video]

Amesboy

Feb 25, 2012
[video=youtube;FKrzHpfudZ0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKrzHpfudZ0[/video]

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Why? Not exactly sure what the problem is. We effectively get 3000 people closer to the court making more noise for the end of games.

In retrospect, I may have misunderstood his post. I thought he was talking about all the people that left the parquet seating early and make it look empty. Then they all cram into the inside concourse to watch the rest of the game. They get a 15 second lead on getting to their cars that way.

The people from up above do it too, but you can't see the upper decks on TV.

bclewis05

Feb 6, 2013
I was sitting by a family with younger kids that was not happy with the "we want to get off" and when the guy let it slip and said "sh-t".

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
I was sitting by a family with younger kids that was not happy with the "we want to get off" and when the guy let it slip and said "sh-t".

I believe one guy also said, "Jesus ******, we're going to do it; it's called showmanship." when he got booed for backing out of shooting the first time. Just not the time or place for their type of "humor".

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I'm not sure where all you guys get off being critical of the halftime acts. I'm sure you could all do better.... :jimlad:

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
My husband suggested a solution of sorts for that. Send a fire marshal through, tell them to find a seat or exit to the outer concourse. And ENFORCE it. :)

This - been an "issue" for years. But, they HAVE to be the first one out to their cars!

Nope.

At least half the people standing in the concourse are from the parquet which is moving them further from the court. Also, the people standing there aren't exactly cheering or making much noise.
Correct.

Help Support Us

Become a patron