Will McDonald Projected 8th Overall to Falcons

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
Yeah that's for sure. Some people don't like that pick but I'm not one of them. They are invested in Fields, and this is part of that investment. It's not like the draft ends at the first round.

Now, the Lions and Falcons, on the other hand. . . hooooo boy those 1st round picks lol.
The Falcons already had an awesome run game and just struck gold with a late round pick in Allgeier.

So they went out and made sure they didn't actually build any momentum as a franchise. They got 5-10% better at one of the only places they were competent, which also happens to correlate the least with winning games.

My go-to motto with pro sports is "bad franchises stay bad for a reason." The Falcons and Lions just did it again.

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
The Falcons already had an awesome run game and just struck gold with a late round pick in Allgeier.

So they went out and made sure they didn't actually build any momentum as a franchise. They got 5-10% better at one of the only places they were competent, which also happens to correlate the least with winning games.

My go-to motto with pro sports is "bad franchises stay bad for a reason." The Falcons and Lions just did it again.

It's not even like those to RBs aren't good enough to be 1st round picks--it's just where they were picked and by whom.

Really if you ask me, unless your team is legit stacked at like every position EXCEPT RB, you shouldn't be picking an RB in the 1st round. The Lions and Falcons are going to demonstrate why next season, I'm sure. It's kinda funny, because I was just thinking at the end of last year that the Lions were finally figuring it out LOL.

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
Sounds like at least one team came away from their interview with McDonald very unimpressed. If he tanked all of his interviews as bad as he tanked this one, I’d be real surprised if he gets taken in the first round
I know this guy in California. Just spoke with him today. Gave me the inside knowledge on an investment getting ready to moon. It's in the finance industry: FRC

NFA on my part, but he's given me spot-on info numerous times in the past. Works in the industry, too.

Aug 20, 2012

Hoping to see Will drafted, I turned it on ‘round the 10th pick.

When that kid did the J-E-T-S my first thought was *some* lucky player was going to have *that* little clip of their draft night.

It is so unbelievably cool it was Will.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
I know this guy in California. Just spoke with him today. Gave me the inside knowledge on an investment getting ready to moon. It's in the finance industry: FRC

NFA on my part, but he's given me spot-on info numerous times in the past. Works in the industry, too.
I'd hate to be the poor sucker that bought FRC at $16 a share on April 24th! Maybe Jeff? :oops:

Last edited:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I made my own bed by sharing information that got passed along to me? And now I’m eating ****? I never said I hoped he didn’t go in the first round, I never wished ill will on him, and cowards like you want to try and gang up on me for passing along information.

For being a “staff member” you seem like a real POS
Well, we found Angie’s alt account.

cymac2408

Jul 4, 2013
Urbandale IA
And most of it I’ve been right about. does passing along inside information from within the chiefs organization make *me* wrong? Listen, I know a lot of you guys didn’t like what I posted, I was shocked by it too…which is why I felt the need to pass it along.

*IF* he fell out of the first round, everyone on here would’ve been wondering why.

Glad he didn’t, glad he’s a Jet, and I’m glad he broke our first round drought
“If” rabbits carried shotguns, dogs wouldn’t f;;; with them.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az

As an Allgeier fantasy owner I thought that pick was awful.
:mccaffery:

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
$8.8 signing bonus, then $2.0 per year for 4 years. He needs to get the signing bonus before he becomes a New York resident @
It doesn't work that way. He will have to pay income tax in NY state and every other state he plays in that has state income tax. Any accountants on here can correct me if I am wrong but that is my understanding of how every state with a pro team gets their pound of flesh.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt and cytor

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
It doesn't work that way. He will have to pay income tax in NY state and every other state he plays in that has state income tax. Any accountants on here can correct me if I am wrong but that is my understanding of how every state with a pro team gets their pound of flesh.

Not an accountant, but pretty sure this is true. Baseball and hockey players get the joy of Canadian taxes as well.

Reactions: VeloClone

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Yeah that's for sure. Some people don't like that pick but I'm not one of them. They are invested in Fields, and this is part of that investment. It's not like the draft ends at the first round.

Now, the Lions and Falcons, on the other hand. . . hooooo boy those 1st round picks lol.
Lions really holding down that spot on the bottom. Blowing your second first round pick on an ILB is something. Especially one that would have been there later.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
It's not even like those to RBs aren't good enough to be 1st round picks--it's just where they were picked and by whom.

Really if you ask me, unless your team is legit stacked at like every position EXCEPT RB, you shouldn't be picking an RB in the 1st round. The Lions and Falcons are going to demonstrate why next season, I'm sure. It's kinda funny, because I was just thinking at the end of last year that the Lions were finally figuring it out LOL.
Maybe the Lions are going wishbone on the NFL. They have failed at everything else.