Will ISU change their mind on fans in the stands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Buy a clone cone and get a vaccine free? Heck, get the shot at the start of the line and your 15 minutes is up before you get your cone.

There was a story earlier this week about a bar in Louisiana offering "shots for shots"

So a vaccine tent at a football doesn't seem that far-fetched....

• Agree
Reactions: madguy30

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Have you actually paid attention to what the CDC says? Or, you know, science?

The CDC is being overly cautious to their own detriment imo.

Your chance of getting infected at a given place is a combination of the spreadability within that venue, your personal resistance to the disease, and the level of virus spreading within the community at large. If you have an outdoor venue (lower spread) combined with being vaccinated (risk minimized, and risk of severe illness almost eliminated) and low rates in the community, there will be almost no risk to someone who is fully vaccinated attending a football game.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Found a good thread for the debate that broke out on the Season Ticket thread.

So, thoughts on the 2021 season?
  1. Full house or partial house?
  2. Mask required or mask optional?
  3. People who don't want to mask can stay home or people who are not comfortable with mask optional can stay home?
Pollard has made it clear, they are planning on a full house, unless circumstances change. I am planning to go and wear a mask. I personally think a full house is 50/50 on happening. If people get vaccinated 90/10. We have to worry about variants, which become a bigger concern when a large portion of people fail to get vaccinated. Help yourself and others - get a shot!

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
Have you actually paid attention to what the CDC says? Or, you know, science?

That depends on what conditions are in September, doesn’t it?

Right now it’s not recommended to be in a closely packed environment—especially where people are yelling and shouting. Yes, outdoors, and even if you’re fully vaccinated.

Do us all a favor, and educate yourself.
  • Fully vaccinated people no longer need to wear a mask outdoors, except in certain crowded settings and venues.

There is very little evidence of spread occurring outdoors. As for the CDC, are we supposed to support the "science" behind their decisions going back 14 months that ended up being wrong?
Funny that they've never mentioned the science which others have known all along...that air circulation is far more important as a deterrent to infection spread and that masks offer zero benefit to preventing those kinds of infections.

We don't have good data on the number of asymptomatic cases. It wouldn't surprise me if the actual infection rate was 25%. Add in a 50-60% vaccination rate and we're at a point where herd immunity is established. And considering that we're still 4 months away from the first game and that those percentages are only going to increase, there is no reason it should still be an issue at that time.

At some point, people need to take off the training wheels and start living normally again. It will be fine. Trust me.

scottwv

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 18, 2011
Melrose Iowa
Doubt Pollard/ISU will go the vaccine passport route. But I could see them doing some marketing encouraging fans to get vaccinated in advance of the season.
Plus vaccine passports will probably be illegal in iowa

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames

Your chance of getting infected at a given place is a combination of the spreadability within that venue, your personal resistance to the disease, and the level of virus spreading within the community at large. If you have an outdoor venue (lower spread) combined with being vaccinated (risk minimized, and risk of severe illness almost eliminated) and low rates in the community, there will be almost no risk to someone who is fully vaccinated attending a football game.

There's almost no risk to someone who's not been vaccinated as well.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia

Has anyone here ever been to the CDC website and analyzed their information? I ask because I have visited and analyzed on 4 separate occasions. Suffice it to say their data was a quagmire of contradiction and "can not confirm nor deny" language everywhere. The vagueness of 'recommendations' left me shaking my head. The consistency of their positions is erratic. Especially, over time. It left me so confused.

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
Get vaccinated and your risk level goes was way down, especially at outdoor events. Anyone who wants to wear a mask certainly should. But I thought last May that this would all be over by fall 2020, so who knows?

• Agree
Reactions: bozclone

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I think Pollard will push for full capacity. The Story County Board of Health may be more conservative. Hopefully they can all come up with a reasonable plan. Personally I am vaccinated and it is outdoors, so I feel the risk is really low and if infection rates continue to go down the risk will be even lower.

mplueg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 27, 2009
Or you could just put on a mask.

or you could

I’m fully vaccinated and have worked in vaccines for 20 years

it’s simple if you’re not comfortable stay home, no one is forcing you into those circumstances!

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Found a good thread for the debate that broke out on the Season Ticket thread.

So, thoughts on the 2021 season?
  1. Full house or partial house?
  2. Mask required or mask optional?
  3. People who don't want to mask can stay home or people who are not comfortable with mask optional can stay home?

Welp, this thread is cave bound.....

Not saying its your fault

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Has anyone here ever been to the CDC website and analyzed their information? I ask because I have visited and analyzed on 4 separate occasions. Suffice it to say their data was a quagmire of contradiction and "can not confirm nor deny" language everywhere. The vagueness of 'recommendations' left me shaking my head. The consistency of their positions is erratic. Especially, over time. It left me so confused.
The CDC is a corrupt bureaucracy at this point. Expecting honest, transparent answers from them is like expecting honest, transparent answers from the CIA. They also have no concept of risk analysis or cost/benefit analysis.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Even on stuff they don't know, they could easily state: 'This is what we know right now, this is what we want to know before giving further guidance'.

If there's something they want further real studies on before giving more guidance, they need to state as such.

They've been pretty bad this whole time just on basic communication.

Imo that 'chart' they threw out there last week had me shaking my head; was a direct study on how to seed distrust further in the public.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Crowds at games should be fine by fall, especially the general wind tunnels of the plains.

I'm curious to see what happens if someone tests positive by the fall and how it affects things, especially if vaxxed since so far transmission has not be found or reported from vaxxed individuals even if they test positive (this is a very good thing and should be very well known).

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Got both shots. I’ll be 100% honest I was a bit skeptical at first but did my own research and determined what I believed was best for me, my family, and others around me was to get vaccinated. I think that there are a lot of people like me out there that will do the same and we all have to remember we’re a long ways away from September.

As long as there isn’t a variant that’s as serious as COVID itself, I do not feel like there’s any reason we can’t be in Jack Trice at full capacity with no masks. If you’d like to wear a mask, wear a mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron