Will ISU change their mind on fans in the stands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Anyone that thinks they will still need a mask at an outdoor event in September much less now, please do everyone else a favor and stay home.

I just went to a soccer match here in Phoenix on Friday that was 50% capacity and they required everybody in attendance to wear a mask. You may not like it, but masks are probably going to be around for a while if you want to attend mass gatherings like sporting events.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
I just went to a soccer match here in Phoenix on Friday that was 50% capacity and they required everybody in attendance to wear a mask. You may not like it, but masks are probably going to be around for a while if you want to attend mass gatherings like sporting events.
Not everyone has had the option of the vaccine yet. By September everyone who wants one should have had the opportunity to be fully vaccinated.

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
Not everyone has had the option of the vaccine yet. By September everyone who wants one should have had the opportunity to be fully vaccinated.

Or the end of May. Iowa turned down 71% of this weeks vaccine allotment due to a lack of demand.

Per the CDC, as of Saturday 56.5% have had at least one shot.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

It's pretty darn close I think.

It needs to become localized to reach folks. Like local pharmacies and town doctor types to help with confidence/trust.

Reactions: Cyclonsin

larrysarmy

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Interesting cases studies to follow as the Texas Rangers had a full stadium in an outdoor venue nearly a month ago, sounds like other MLB teams are nearing 100% capacity soon. So far, cases/hospitalizations/deaths are all trending down still in TX...will be interesting to watch as others follow suit.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I am cautiously anticipating a less than 100% capacity crowd. I think Iowa State may sell out or offer every seat, but I think there will be a small percentage of people who choose to stay home and not sell their tickets as well. I suspect we will see crowds in the 50 thousands this fall.

With that said, barring significant changes, I will be at every game and so will my group. Pumped for the biggest season in school history

FarmClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 3, 2009

It may be that they still require them at some events and if pollard says I have to wear one I will, just like I did for every game last fall and the championship game. However, that doesn’t make it any less idiotic to require them with the amount of vaccinated people we will have by then.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Anyone that thinks they will still need a mask at an outdoor event in September much less now, please do everyone else a favor and stay home.

best way to get done with masks is to get everyone you know and a bunch you don’t know vaccinated. Rates are too low fora packed house with no masks, even outdoors.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I have two questions:
What percentage of vaccinations do we need to achieve to get everything back to normal?
Are you willing to let those who refuse to be vaccinated determine the the actions of those who are willing to be?

Reactions: Cyclonsin

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I have two questions:
What percentage of vaccinations do we need to achieve to get everything back to normal?
Are you willing to let those who refuse to be vaccinated determine the the actions of those who are willing to be?

I’m not a scientist so I don’t know. I think it’s 80%.

It’s not quite as simple as letting those who refuse to get the vaccine suffer their own consequences. If we don’t obtain herd immunity the chances that a variant that isn’t stopped by the vaccine emerges. That’s why the CDC is being very conservative with the masks. Masks help to keep the variants from spreading too.

I don’t give a **** about people that refuse to get a vaccine. But I do give a **** about those that do and keeping them safe.

• Haha
Reactions: Cyclonepride

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Think we need vaccine passports for large gatherings.
Don’t think that will be legal in Iowa
For an outdoor football game, I hope you are joking - please be joking
Doubt Pollard/ISU will go the vaccine passport route. But I could see them doing some marketing encouraging fans to get vaccinated in advance of the season.
I think it'll be full house, mask optional.

Cases are at pandemic lows and dropping as more people get the vaccine. Deaths even moreso as the older population has gotten vaccinated. Unfortunately some morons won't get vaccinated but by the fall that'll be their risk once everyone who wants a vaccine has had the opportunity to get one.
Have you actually paid attention to what the CDC says? Or, you know, science?

That depends on what conditions are in September, doesn’t it?

Right now it’s not recommended to be in a closely packed environment—especially where people are yelling and shouting. Yes, outdoors, and even if you’re fully vaccinated.

Do us all a favor, and educate yourself.
  • Fully vaccinated people no longer need to wear a mask outdoors, except in certain crowded settings and venues.
Two sides to the story, still. After what we've, and the world has been thru, I don't see a problem requiring a vaccine passport. People don't want to get the vaccine, fine but maybe they forfeit the opportunity to go to large gatherings, games, etc.

Should be more of an incentive to get the vaccine, but people are still going to have an excuse not to get it. They don't go to games. Maybe unless they have a very good excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron