Will ISU change their mind on fans in the stands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Warm weather + outdoors + mostly vaccinated population = 61,500 in attendance at Jack Trice this fall, no doubt. This is coming from someone who religiously masked and avoided public gatherings for the last year.
Same

Reactions: Cyclonsin

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Warm weather + outdoors + mostly vaccinated population = 61,500 in attendance at Jack Trice this fall, no doubt. This is coming from someone who religiously masked and avoided public gatherings for the last year.

You have no idea what the situation will be in late August regarding Covid in this country. Hopefully it's better than now, but it could also be a lot worse too. We are not going to reach herd immunity unless a LOT of people that are refusing to get vaccinated decide to do so..... so this could go on for a while and get much worse potentially.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

For sure. The only question will be on mask requirement.

• Agree

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I have two questions:
What percentage of vaccinations do we need to achieve to get everything back to normal?
Are you willing to let those who refuse to be vaccinated determine the the actions of those who are willing to be?

I'm OK with 65-70% vax which is absolutely attainable and add in some cross mojination of the already recovered/immunity in there and it's a pretty big chance of really stemming Covid while leaving the 'no way' crowd their world.

Don't have an answer for #2. I don't agree with all of the restrictions etc. but anyone I know that is refusing it, I'd put in the 'bat**** crazy about lots of stuff' crowd (not even political--just a lot of 'WTF did they just say?') and I definitely don't need them running **** either, haha.

• Agree

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I have two questions:
What percentage of vaccinations do we need to achieve to get everything back to normal?
Are you willing to let those who refuse to be vaccinated determine the the actions of those who are willing to be?

1. I don't know.
2. Absolutely not.

If you haven't gotten the vaccine by fall you aren't trying. No business should be making any choices based on who is vaccinated by fall. Anybody who can get vaccinated and doesn't and dies attending a game at Trice is the winner of the ISU Darwin award and I wouldn't feel the least bit bad about it.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
1. I don't know.
2. Absolutely not.

If you haven't gotten the vaccine by fall you aren't trying. No business should be making any choices based on who is vaccinated by fall. Anybody who can get vaccinated and doesn't and dies attending a game at Trice is the winner of the ISU Darwin award and I wouldn't feel the least bit bad about it.

And that person can infect other non vaccinated people at the game too. And the longer it hangs around, the more chance that it mutates into new variants which could infect even vaccinated people. It's NOT just the non vaccinated people at risk here folks..... get that through your heads. People need to get vaccinated!!!

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Not sure where you stand. I guess I'm OK if people don't want to get the vaccine but I really don't understand it. If people people refuse to get vaccinated, maybe they should avoid going to public events for awhile, until this is all over with.

Calling my opinion dumb, as some already have, is just as 'dumb' IMO. Why should most of us who are listening to the science and are willing to be vaccinated for the public good, be at continued risk due to the actions of those who are refusing to be vaccinated? To those who refuse, just don't go to public events, and wear masks forever, your call. I don't know. Just don't call me dumb.

Last edited:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
And that person can infect other non vaccinated people at the game too. And the longer it hangs around, the more chance that it mutates into new variants which could infect even vaccinated people. It's NOT just the non vaccinated people at risk here folks..... get that through your heads. People need to get vaccinated!!!

People can still get old-school Covid after vaccination. So far the the real world reported cases vs. vaccinated population has been outstanding for efficacy though.

I'd go into another schpeel about findings and T-Cells but that never seems to soak in.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Agree. And if people are too selfish not to get vaccinated or just have that conviction, OK. Don't agree. But don't feel like you can spread it around or spread another variant by going to public events and feel that it is your right. It's your right I guess, stupid but your right. Then stay home.

Better yet just get vaccinated.

Last edited:

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Not sure where you stand. I guess I'm OK if people don't want to get the vaccine but I really don't understand it. If people people refuse to get vaccinated, maybe they should avoid going to public events for awhile, until this is all over with.

Calling my opinion dumb, as some already have, is just as 'dumb' IMO. Why should most of us who are listening to the science and are willing to be vaccinated for the public good, be at continued risk due to the actions of those who are refusing to be vaccinated? To those who refuse, just don't go to public events, and wear masks forverer, your call. I don't know. Just don't call me dumb.
I have 4 family members in their late 20s to early 30s who have all had COVID. Their resistance is probably better than anybody who hasn’t been infected but is fully vaccinated. You’re not willing to give them one of your little passports?

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Agree. And if people are too selfish not to get vaccinated or are just have that conviction, OK. Don't agree. But don't feel like you can spread it around or spread another variant by going to public events and feel that is is your right. It's your right I guess, stupid but your right. Then stay home.

Better yet just get vaccinated.
So people calling me dumb, educate me. What is your reason for not getting vaccinated?

I have to admit I don't stay up on the reasons for both sides. Just got my two vaccines and feel better about it.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I have 4 family members in their late 20s to early 30s who have all had COVID. Their resistance is probably better than anybody who hasn’t been infected but is fully vaccinated. You’re not willing to give them one of your little passports?
So...why not just get vaccinated? I contracted COVID late last year, and still got vaccinated recently.
What the hell is the big deal?

• Agree
Reactions: nrg4isu

FarmClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 3, 2009
How old and unhealthy are you people? I’ve had covid along with most everyone I know and none of them had anything worse than a bad cold.

It’s sad to hear all the people saying “listen to the science!” When real science doesn’t move at a one year pace.

stevefrench

Aug 7, 2011
there is no reason for jts to not be full in the fall. Everyone who wants a vaccination will have one by that point, no question. Covid in this country will more or less be over at that point (as far as it being a pandemic requiring health people to drastically change their day to day). Mask will likely be required. Pack the joint

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
How old and unhealthy are you people? I’ve had covid along with most everyone I know and none of them had anything worse than a bad cold.

It’s sad to hear all the people saying “listen to the science!” When real science doesn’t move at a one year pace.

Is getting,or having previously having CoVID cool now?

• Dumb

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Why the hell are you getting mad at me? I don't know any better. Seems to me you could have given this reason about four of your posts ago instead of just calling me or someone else dumb.

You may be right. These folks (and your family members) may have enough immunity, I don't know. I do know people who have had it, the virus, are still getting the vaccine. They must be listening to the advice of others, their doctor?

Just get the vaccine if that's what they are telling you.

• Winner
Reactions: Tornado man

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
I just went to a soccer match here in Phoenix on Friday that was 50% capacity and they required everybody in attendance to wear a mask. You may not like it, but masks are probably going to be around for a while if you want to attend mass gatherings like sporting events.
If the players on the field do not wear masks (or excuse me I know the term for soccer is pitch), why should it be required for fans outside in the stands to wear masks?

Reactions: Scott34
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron