Why not re-rank today, 1/24

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
We already beat them once, so your ranking makes no sense. It's just your usual chicken little BS.

I guess I'm not sure what you are talking about, or maybe you are confusing me with someone else. I think if you'd look back at my prior posts I'm really pretty positive about the players and this team. I'm far from having anything near a "sky is falling" mentality about this team.

I guess I'm maybe looking at "Power Rankings" a little differently. I'd totally agree we have the better resume right now over TCU. But if you're asking me who I think is playing the best ball right now I'd say them, with us as a close second.

In any event, we have a heck of a team I'd put up against anybody.

Jkclone15

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 19, 2017
Last night's game was instructive on many levels. I never thought K-State was going to win it. But they kept hanging around. *And then they'd jack-up some outrageous shot* or throw a pass to the camera crew. ISU was just too sound to be beaten by a team that inefficient. Gabe was the best player on the court.

So, without reading this thread, let me re-rank with this basis: how they finish based on what they have done to this point in time plus the eyeball test.

1. ISU - seasoned, skilled, held home court
2. K-State - have those away game wins at Baylor and Texas
3. TCU - cannot discount that beatdown of Ku (and K-State)
4. Baylor - turned the corner
5. Ku - only because Bill Self will overcome his bench
6. Texas - only because of Rodney Perry will overshadow his talent
7. oSu - that win over #1
8. WVU - they beat TCU?
9. OU - too slow for a porter to carry
10. TxT - 0-7
A high number of those outrageous shots were going in. Tang put together a roster of shooters, the exact kind of team that will give ours trouble. The second edition in Manhattan will be the toughest regular season game left on the schedule I think.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: surly and 0u812

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
This league is ridiculous. That’s my ranking.

All I know is us, KSU and TCU at their best are probably the top-3. Baylor is starting to put it together though for sure.

Can we all agree though if Kansas keeps losing games we as a collective conference outside of Lawrence will have a little pep in the step. Imaging them dropping four straight is wonderful.
I want Kansas to lose all but Texas and OU.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Will give it a go after the SEC Challenge.

1. Ku - big win in Lexington, get K-State at home
2. ISU - laid an egg sans a grill
3. K-State - gator'ate
4. Baylor - Texas tonight for clarity
5. TCU - down PG and big still went OT
6. Texas - bear skinning time?
7. oSu - starting to meld
8. OU - bamed bammer
9. WVU - ambushed Auburn
10. TxT - noteworthy win

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
This league is going to crazy good down the stretch, causing many cheers, and just as many if not more headaches. Protecting home court is essential to winning the trophy.
It is for that reason that I'm thinking that the home games against the top teams will have more pressure than the road games against them.

Reactions: surly

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Will give it a go after the SEC Challenge.

1. Ku - big win in Lexington, get K-State at home
2. ISU - laid an egg sans a grill
3. K-State - gator'ate
4. Baylor - Texas tonight for clarity
5. TCU - down PG and big still went OT
6. Texas - bear skinning time?
7. oSu - starting to meld
8. OU - bamed bammer
9. WVU - ambushed Auburn
10. TxT - noteworthy win
Texas visits both K-State and Ku this weekend; 1-1 or 0-2, methinks. If Ku sweeps @ISU and Texas, it's going to be hard to see anyone unseating them. They were confident, fast, and improved last night at home v. K-State and clearly the better outfit.

• Agree
Reactions: NoCreativity

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
At some point you are what your record says you are. I think we're getting close to that point. I feel like the only thing to debate right now are places 3-6.
We're not there yet as much as you want that to be the case. Although that was an enjoyable beat down of Ku, y'all still have to go to WVU, K-State, Texas, and Baylor.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron