Why not re-rank today, 1/24

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Thru 1-24 power rank:

1 Iowa State
2 Kansas State
3 TCU
4 Kansas
5 Texas
6 Baylor
7 Oklahoma State
8 West Virginia
9 Oklahoma
10 Texas Tech
I like your list. I want to put TCU at 2 because they have been scary the past couple of games and destroyed K State head to head. But K State has a better record and did almost get a win in Hilton so it’s razor thin. Edge to KSU for now.

Baylor feels like they are starting to figure it out too.

Reactions: cyclones500

Mar 21, 2021
The Haves: ISU KSU TCU BAYLOR KANSAS
The Have Nots: TEXAS OSU WV OK TTECH

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Last night's game was instructive on many levels. I never thought K-State was going to win it. But they kept hanging around. And then they'd jack-up some outrageous shot or throw a pass to the camera crew. ISU was just too sound to be beaten by a team that inefficient. Gabe was the best player on the court.

So, without reading this thread, let me re-rank with this basis: how they finish based on what they have done to this point in time plus the eyeball test.

1. ISU - seasoned, skilled, held home court
2. K-State - have those away game wins at Baylor and Texas
3. TCU - cannot discount that beatdown of Ku (and K-State)
4. Baylor - turned the corner
5. Ku - only because Bill Self will overcome his bench
6. Texas - only because of Rodney Perry will overshadow his talent
7. oSu - that win over #1
8. WVU - they beat TCU?
9. OU - too slow for a porter to carry
10. TxT - 0-7

Last edited:

trajanJ

Sep 11, 2008
Surly's rankings look pretty good. I think it comes down to ISU, KSU & TCU. Will probably end up a shared title. KSU might have the easiest schedule left, TCU might have the most athletes but ISU is the most mature and plays together the best. Baylor has a ton of ability but will shoot themselves out of some games. KU is just missing some pieces, only 1 of the freshman burger boys is even playing. Texas is Texas. OSU has the ability to play spoiler.

Reactions: surly