Why is everyone sleeping on Jakolby Long?

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Could he retroactively ask for a medical redshirt given how limited were his minutes?

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I know he had recent shoulder surgery but he is one of our highest ranked recruits currently on roster. Where do people anticipate him sitting in the rotation this season? If he can manage 35-39% from three I can see him getting significant minutes at the 2 or even to spell DJ when he comes out.

Not really sleeping on Long, but, as I recall, he did not play a lot last year, and when he did there wasn't a lot to be wowed about. He could make vast improvement in the off season and be a major contributor. Time will tell, but he will certainly have more opportunities to get on the court this year.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
If he couldn't find minutes last year then he's probably not good enough. Only had the 2nd and 3rd players with the most 3's in school history ahead of him as 4th and 5th year seniors.
Well done.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
He was a 92.23% out of high school on 247.

That was higher than...

Naz Mitrou-Long (81.11%)
Donovan Jackson (91.00%)
Nick Weiler-Babb (88.09%)
Marial Shayok (88.22%)

...and not far off Terrence Lewis, who we are super high on...

= 92.91%

I figure we will be more glad to have him that not next year and going forward.

Those rankings are borderline 4* on his part.

Being stuck behind Morris, Jackson, Mitrou-Long, Thomas, and Weiler-Babb looking for PT at your positions and having a shoulder problem had to suck.

We will see what he can do healthy and no longer behind the eight ball.

Last edited:

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
He was a 92.23% out of high school on 247.

That was higher than...

Naz Mitrou-Long (81.11%)
Donovan Jackson (91.00%)
Nick Weiler-Babb (88.09%)
Marial Shayok (88.22%)

...and not far off Terence Lewis, who we are super high on...

= 92.91%

I figure we will be more glad to have him that not next year and going forward.

Those rankings are borderline 4* on his part.

Being stuck behind Morris, Jackson, Mitrou-Long, Thomas, and Weiler-Babb looking for PT at your positions and having a shoulder problem had to suck.

We will see what he can do healthy and no longer behind the eight ball.
The optimist in me says that he has a chance to be better than those you listed.

The pessimist in me says that recruiting rankings don't always go hand in hand with how someone performs.

I'll keep my expectations low and hope he's better than I expect.

• Agree
Reactions: isu83

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I think people would be more excited if Jakolby was playing in the CCL. He was a good recruit for us coming out of high school and he looked great on tape, but Jakolby got zero opportunity to show us anything last year because he basically had 6 upperclassmen in front of him. I think he is just a little forgotten. He brings size like NWB to the guard position were we have two freshman and DJ. I think he gets more minutes than many expect.

Last edited:

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I think people would be more exited if Jakolby was playing in the CCL. He was a good recruit for us coming out of high school and he looked great on tape, but Jakolby got zero opportunity to show us anything last year because he basically had 6 upperclassmen in front of him. I think he is just a little forgotten. He brings size like NWB to the guard position were we have two freshman and DJ. I think he gets more minutes than many expect.

What did he do last year in the CCL? I don't remember

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron