Why is everyone sleeping on Jakolby Long?

Swatcity

May 20, 2015
I know he had recent shoulder surgery but he is one of our highest ranked recruits currently on roster. Where do people anticipate him sitting in the rotation this season? If he can manage 35-39% from three I can see him getting significant minutes at the 2 or even to spell DJ when he comes out.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He's just a big unknown at this point. Hopefully he can have a Naz type jump from freshman to sophomore year. That's very rare but he's going to get a chance at minutes

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
He has an odd shooting form. That's pretty much all I know about the kid. Defense was mentioned a bunch out of HS

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
We haven't really seen what he's capable of yet. He should see an increase in minutes this season, but he's pretty much an unknown at this point.

Reactions: Javinegli

Bryce7

May 4, 2016
It seems to take a year to come back from shoulder surgery. Big unknown.

Swatcity

May 20, 2015
Does anyone know if he will be back for CCL? It would be great to get some updates on the kids timeline and when we should expect to see him back in action. Is it reasonable to expect 6-8 ppg average in 10-15 mins of action this year?

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
The hope is that his offseason shoulder surgery will allow him to get better. Shoulder was worse than we thought last year. Still though, for him to be an impact guy this year seems like a huge stretch. We'll see. Hope he proves people wrong.

Is it possible that he red-shirts this season?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
One thing I like about him is that he has good size.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
The hope is that his offseason shoulder surgery will allow him to get better. Shoulder was worse than we thought last year. Still though, for him to be an impact guy this year seems like a huge stretch. We'll see. Hope he proves people wrong.

Hopefully Wigginton and Jackson are in shape

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Does anyone know if he will be back for CCL? It would be great to get some updates on the kids timeline and when we should expect to see him back in action. Is it reasonable to expect 6-8 ppg average in 10-15 mins of action this year?

Is he not in the CCL? I haven't seen any reports about him.

He had shoulder surgery in April, seems like the timeline is 1-6 months for normal humans after my Google Doctoring. CCL is a definite no, 2-3 months before doing anything more than minimal activity.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: TheJackWePack5

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Hopefully Wigginton and Jackson are in shape

No doubt. Also it helps to have Babb who is versatile enough to play the 1 or 3.

Hopefully Lewis is good enough to play the 3 a lot so Babb can be the rotation guy at guard.

I can't believe we couldn't land a grad transfer guard. It's a shame because one good guard (10 ppg / 35%+ from 3) would probably have us dancing again.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
No doubt. Also it helps to have Babb who is versatile enough to play the 1 or 3.

Hopefully Lewis is good enough to play the 3 a lot so Babb can be the rotation guy at guard.

I can't believe we couldn't land a grad transfer guard. It's a shame because one good guard (10 ppg / 35%+ from 3) would probably have us dancing again.

We pretty much have 4 guards for 3 spots (Wigginton, Babb, Lewis and Jackson) and then you have Beverly who should be able to play the 3 for when we just have two of them out there. It'll be interesting to see what lineup works best

Reactions: isutrevman

Swatcity

May 20, 2015
We pretty much have 4 guards for 3 spots (Wigginton, Babb, Lewis and Jackson) and then you have Beverly who should be able to play the 3 for when we just have two of them out there. It'll be interesting to see what lineup works best
Are we already assuming Lewis is better than Long? Seems like you dont even mention him as a rotation player in this scenario.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron