Which do you think will happen first?

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I'm not racist, but all black people are lazy. And all Asians are awful drivers. But I'm not racist.

tumblr_nisxzd2GbI1r9qk1io1_500.png

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Geeze...posted this morning and there are 4 pages of responses.....must have hit a sensitive area! Even the hardest and greatest ISU fans all know what is going to happen...The only way for Prohm to stay is to be great this year and have a good year every 3 to 5 years.....We all know a monkey could coach this team and have a great year..See when Floyd and LE took over after Orr and Floyd....The key is to see what happens years 2, 3, and 4...and if he is too good he is gone...We all know it and if you call me worthless you are just as bad as a delusional Iowa fan.....If he just stays above the mendoza line he will be be kept...if he goes 'McDermott'....it will take 3 or 4 years to get rid of him the cheapest way possible...see the football program....If he gets us to the big dance every 3 or 4 years he will be a lifer......that is all that is needed. But he cannot go 5-7 years at a time without having a 'dream season.' So go ahead and call this the worst thread possible, but I will be seeing what happens years 2, 3 and 4....If he is too good, starting the 'Who's the next next ISU bball Coach' b/c the blue bloods and NBA will be calling Ames once again. Prolly the best thing is a slide back in years 2 and 3 and a slow rise to the top again would be good for Prohm to stay. But if he is too good too soon...we have all seen the book written and how it ends. There is not enough money in the world to keep world class coaches in Ames from some reason.
No one said it wasn't an ACCURATE thread, just generally rude and stupid. Maybe you can go up to a fat person in the grocery store and ask them if they really think they should be buying all those cartons of ice creams and ding dongs next.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Taking the bait, the caveat is his 2016 recruiting quality kids. If not at a par as Fred, then I can see five more years. It wsill be about recruiting. i am sure he can do well in the other areas although it surprises me about the one year assistant coach contracts.

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
Part of me wants to put people on ignore like the OP (and D UP Clones and BodeClone), but then I think about all of the awesomeness that comes from them that I'll miss.

These threads, and especially the replies just make my day.

cymac2408

Jul 4, 2013
Urbandale IA
Many of you will think this is a jerk post, but just deal with it. But I bet many of you are thinking this....

Which will happen first?

Coach Prohm (needed to look up how to spell his name, do we have an abbreviation?) is so successful at ISU during his tenure he gets hired away to a 'bigger and better' programs, gets an 'offer he cannot refuse' or he gets offered 'his dream job?'

Or

Coach Prohm is successful his first year at ISU, but slowly tails off in years 2, 3, and 4 attendance falls, programs falls back into obscurity and ISU must find away to get rid of him?

As ISU fans we all know, if we cannot keep CFH, there is no one ISU can keep. We are a rent a coach program until the coach fails and we have to fire him, or he is so successful other schools and programs will just pick us apart.

Note:
Girls programs do not count in this line of thinking...Coach Fennelly can stay forever as well and VB Coach Johnson-Lynch. They are not revenue generating programs.
I gave him a thumbs up on this thread. The guy has an incredible record. 72 - 2. 72 thumbs up received to 2 thumbs up given.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Many of you will think this is a jerk post, but just deal with it. But I bet many of you are thinking this....

Which will happen first?

Coach Prohm (needed to look up how to spell his name, do we have an abbreviation?) is so successful at ISU during his tenure he gets hired away to a 'bigger and better' programs, gets an 'offer he cannot refuse' or he gets offered 'his dream job?'

Or

Coach Prohm is successful his first year at ISU, but slowly tails off in years 2, 3, and 4 attendance falls, programs falls back into obscurity and ISU must find away to get rid of him?

As ISU fans we all know, if we cannot keep CFH, there is no one ISU can keep. We are a rent a coach program until the coach fails and we have to fire him, or he is so successful other schools and programs will just pick us apart.

Note:
Girls programs do not count in this line of thinking...Coach Fennelly can stay forever as well and VB Coach Johnson-Lynch. They are not revenue generating programs.

Why did you need so many paragraphs when all you really needed to ask was..... "Will Prohm succeed or fail here at ISU?".

mcdrier

Dec 11, 2013
Most people here that are being smart-arses in replying to the thread are just sensitive babies who cannot deal with reality...You are no better than delusional Iowa fans who think they should win football N/C's year after year!

If you cannot see the point of this thread, you are just not as smart as I thought most ISU fans are.

Bottom line...if CSP is too successful, he is gone. We will have to start over again. Starting over again is risky. ISU is just a stepping stone for EVERYONE, even Ames and Golden Boy CFH used it as a stepping stone.

If CSP fails, he will bring us back to the Mc-Doormat years until AD Pollard pulls the cord and kicks him off the plane.

Sure I am worrying about something that I have no control over, but I know you all are thinking of the next cross roads the program will have to cross.

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
Most people here that are being smart-arses in replying to the thread are just sensitive babies who cannot deal with reality...You are no better than delusional Iowa fans who think they should win football N/C's year after year!

If you cannot see the point of this thread, you are just not as smart as I thought most ISU fans are.

Bottom line...if CSP is too successful, he is gone. We will have to start over again. Starting over again is risky. ISU is just a stepping stone for EVERYONE, even Ames and Golden Boy CFH used it as a stepping stone.

If CSP fails, he will bring us back to the Mc-Doormat years until AD Pollard pulls the cord and kicks him off the plane.

Sure I am worrying about something that I have no control over, but I know you all are thinking of the next cross roads the program will have to cross.

Stop worrying about Prohm being too successful. There is no such thing as too successful. It's like being too happy, having too much fun, or having too much money.

Honestly, if he takes us to the final four or a NC this year and then leaves right away, I'm pretty sure I would sign up for that in a heartbeat.

AMarner32

Jul 11, 2013

I, too, like my sports teams to 1) never be good enough to win a championship, and 2) never be bad enough to make a coaching change. Coaching consistency is much more important than being successful, IMO.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
Speak for yourself. I'll enjoy the current regime and cross that bridge when we get there.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Or maybe he's successful and stays? Not every coach wants to coach in the NBA. There's "college coaches" out there, and Prohm seems like one of them.