Where will brock's goalpost get to go today.

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
I don't think refs do that is what I'm saying, if that was standard protocol then wouldn't we see them pick up flags for PI, or offensive holding, etc. if the foul ended up not mattering more often? When an OL holds but the QB still gets sacked they still call the penalty and have it be declined.
You can see he throws it mid-play, intentionally, when contact was made. So he clearly thought it was PI. Curious why you think they picked it up?

Most of the time when they pick up flags it’s because the ref who threw it was overruled or it fell out of his pocket on accident. There was no other ref in the vicinity to overrule this.

Mel4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 3, 2016
West Palm, Florida
I suppose, since the first half was all Purdy’s fault. The great second half is all because of Purdy too? What is wrong with people.

Olson was an ass today too. On both of Purdy’s big runs, he managed to get in a knock on Purdy. I remember, “You’ll never mistake him for Lamar Jackson, but that was a good run.” Also, “He’s not the most athletic, but he got the first down there.”

It ******* weird.
I noticed that too. Back handed compliments. Just no reason for that.

Reactions: Clonefan94

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
You can see he throws it mid-play, intentionally, when contact was made. So he clearly thought it was PI. Curious why you think they picked it up?

Most of the time when they pick up flags it’s because the ref who threw it was overruled or it fell out of his pocket on accident. There was no other ref in the vicinity to overrule this.
My assumption is because the DB was playing the ball and didn't play through the receiver, only made contact, that it was determined to not be PI. This is a fairly normal thing that happens.

What do you mean nobody was in the vicinity? The refs were in their normal spots presumably and PI calls, and other fouls, do get picked up from time to time.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
It will surely move. It always does. If they do not win against the Chiefs, they will say "he's the last pick in the draft and he can't even win the super bowl" without a hint of irony.

There are only 34 human beings that have been a super bowl winning QB. Think about how ridiculous of a standard that is to set for anyone.

And - as mentioned above - if he does win people will want to put an asterisk next to it because - you know - he will be the only Super Bowl winning QBs with any weapons around him. All the others did it with back-up RBs, WRs, and TEs, of course.
And he will tie Joe Namath, Ken Stabler and Steve Young among others with 1 Super Bowl Win. Not bad company!

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
My assumption is because the DB was playing the ball and didn't play through the receiver, only made contact, that it was determined to not be PI. This is a fairly normal thing that happens.

What do you mean nobody was in the vicinity? The refs were in their normal spots presumably and PI calls, and other fouls, do get picked up from time to time.
But he threw the flag after he saw that. I mean the head official even announced “there is no foul on the play. The receiver caught the ball.”

When I said there was no ref in the vicinity, I mean this wasn’t a 10 yard curl where three refs had a good view of the play to overrule. That ref was the only official within 20 yards of the play. There wouldn’t be another ref right there to say, “no I saw it this way. No penalty”

I really believe it that ball had been picked, or even incomplete, they call that DPI

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Most of what I'm seeing talks about the dropped picks and "oh yah he's so good he bounced one off the defender's facemask. Even if that does get picked I don't think that's a bad throw. 1 on 1 deep with your best deep play receiver on a marginal safety. It's on Aiyuk to make that play.
There was literally a flag for PI. That was a good throw to BA. PI put the defender in position but BA played the face mask ball perfectly. It wasn’t going to be a pick. Am I crazy?

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Oh really, it's not the sieve on the OL?

I really wish that when I was in high school someone would have made it known to me that there were millions of dollars to be made simply by creating ******** takes for TV. Never crossed my mind that being intentionally stupid would be so lucrative.
Speaking of sieves, it’s two games in a row where the 9ers D can’t stop anyone in the first half. No one mentions that.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
But he threw the flag after he saw that. I mean the head official even announced “there is no foul on the play. The receiver caught the ball.”

When I said there was no ref in the vicinity, I mean this wasn’t a 10 yard curl where three refs had a good view of the play to overrule. That ref was the only official within 20 yards of the play. There wouldn’t be another ref right there to say, “no I saw it this way. No penalty”

I really believe it that ball had been picked, or even incomplete, they call that DPI
Sorry, it just makes no sense when every other time a penalty is moot based on the outcome of the play they still call the penalty to be declined. If they throw a flag and think it’s a penalty they call the penalty. If they throw it and decide it’s not actually a penalty they pick it up.

What if it’s challenged and on review it showed that Aiyuk let the ball touch the ground, do they go back and reverse the reversal?

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Sorry, it just makes no sense when every other time a penalty is moot based on the outcome of the play they still call the penalty to be declined. If they throw a flag and think it’s a penalty they call the penalty. If they throw it and decide it’s not actually a penalty they pick it up.

What if it’s challenged and on review it showed that Aiyuk let the ball touch the ground, do they go back and reverse the reversal?
...or, Brock's attempted de-capitation after downed. That was the most dangerously egregious miss of the entire game.

• Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
...or, Brock's attempted de-capitation after downed. That was the most dangerously egregious miss of the entire game.
I’m not sure what the connection is, but yeah that was clearly either roughing the passer or a late hit and they missed it.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Purdy has shock jocks and opin’ers dancing faster than a foot stomping revival tent.

What I have noticed on the field with BP is that his throwing motion has changed the last 1/4 of the season through last week. It reminds me of the injured BP at ISU.. .having to play, not at 100%. I feel his elbow injury is nagging… and a serious off season program will get him back to his 100% self.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I’m not sure what the connection is, but yeah that was clearly either roughing the passer or a late hit and they missed it.
The loose connection is flags picked up vs seriously missed calls obvious in re-play should be called.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

I guess the question to me becomes is there any chance they pick up that flag that was obviously thrown as a DPI if that ball is intercepted? That would be a very, very bold decision, especially in front of a hostile crowd. I just can't imagine the fact the outcome of the play wasn't affected didn't in some way weigh on that decision.

And I say all this knowing full well that none of this matters because luckily he caught it.

Reactions: SolterraCyclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron