Where will brock's goalpost get to go today.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
I think Purdy is gaining more and more respect. I thought this was a fair article. I thought the best clip from this article by DJ Dunson reads

"Purdy deserves his due because, whenever he falls short of the lofty standard, there’s been a booby trap set to discredit his precocious accomplishments. By year two, late bloomers like Kirk Cousins wish they were this advanced. A three-dimensional perspective of Purdy is that he’s a prism of Cousins, Russ and Brady. He stepped into the gears of a perpetual motion machine and has improved its efficacy. What more can anyone ask for?"

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Lamar Jackson was let down by his defense who dug too big a hole. Brock purdy needs to be better at stopping the run.

You mean the defense that only gave up 17 pts to one of the other MVP candidates. And the defense that also had to overcome 2 turnovers by Lame R himself. Hope you were being sarcastic.

Almost like the reason we like football is because it's the ultimate team sport or something...

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
This is a high character move. Nick Wright could take notes.
Usually don’t tune in, but did today to see what this idiot had to say. Expected Wright to gloat about his Chiefs, which is understandable (props were a little much), but he still refuses to give Brock any respect. Brock is ”still their weakest link”.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Correct. There was a flag on the play and the refs announced "There is no penalty on the play" afterward. There was absolutely DPI with the push-off after the ball was in the air.

Have to wonder if they just picked it up figuring on it not mattering after he caught it..? I thought the same thing, looked like DPI.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Very weird. Purdys running reminded me of the way Aaron Rodgers used to take off and run back when he was very good at it. The agenda against Purdy is ridiculous.
Purdy doesn't have great straight-line speed but the guys lateral and short space quickness is elite. If I remember correctly his and Robert Griffins 10 yard split were 2 hundredths off each other. I want to say he was in the 95th percentile or something.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Usually don’t tune in, but did today to see what this idiot had to say. Expected Wright to gloat about his Chiefs, which is understandable (props were a little much), but he still refuses to give Brock any respect. Brock is ”still their weakest link”.
Oh really, it's not the sieve on the OL?

I really wish that when I was in high school someone would have made it known to me that there were millions of dollars to be made simply by creating ******** takes for TV. Never crossed my mind that being intentionally stupid would be so lucrative.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Purdy doesn't have great straight-line speed but the guys lateral and short space quickness is elite. If I remember correctly his and Robert Griffins 10 yard split were 2 hundredths off each other. I want to say he was in the 95th percentile or something.

It's a running joke in the NFL how huge his leg muscles are...yet they're all shocked the muscles work.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Most of what I'm seeing talks about the dropped picks and "oh yah he's so good he bounced one off the defender's facemask. Even if that does get picked I don't think that's a bad throw. 1 on 1 deep with your best deep play receiver on a marginal safety. It's on Aiyuk to make that play.

The Detroit player interfered with Aiyuk on that play by the way.

• Agree
Reactions: StPaulCyclone

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
Why would they pick that flag up rather than calling it and letting SF decline it like they do every other time?
Probably cause it was a 50/50 call, so better to not have to worry about it. Refs are graded after the games.

If that ball is picked and they threw that flag, that’s all we’d be talking about today.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Probably cause it was a 50/50 call, so better to not have to worry about it. Refs are graded after the games.

If that ball is picked and they threw that flag, that’s all we’d be talking about today.
I'd imagine the grade is not great if they say they picked up a flag because they didn't want to worry about it.

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
I'd imagine the grade is not great if they say they picked up a flag because they didn't want to worry about it.
No, sorry, my guess is they huddled and one guy saw it wasn’t a penalty while another said it was. Or the ref who threw the flag was having that debate in his head. Since it was caught, it didn’t matter so he just picked it up.

Way harder to do that if the play goes another way and he has to explain why he picked up the flag.

• Agree
Reactions: beentherebefore

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

Watch this clip. The ref who throws the flag grabs it and throws it the moment the contact occurs:

I agree, it's kind of bizarre to pick up a flag just because of the outcome of the play. But it really looks like that's what happened.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Watch this clip. The ref who throws the flag grabs it and throws it the moment the contact occurs:

I agree, it's kind of bizarre to pick up a flag just because of the outcome of the play. But it really looks like that's what happened.

I don't think refs do that is what I'm saying, if that was standard protocol then wouldn't we see them pick up flags for PI, or offensive holding, etc. if the foul ended up not mattering more often? When an OL holds but the QB still gets sacked they still call the penalty and have it be declined.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron