• Old George's

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • Other

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Great plains is risky.. I know a lot of people who really like Great Plains crust and I know a LOT of people who hate it.

Its one of those all or nothing things. I dont care for it personally.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Have you ever had "real" Chicago style? OC doesn't compare to my favorite pizza of all time - Giordanos. I really miss living in Chicago so that I can have a Giordanos every week.

Chicago style pizza is the nastiest most disgusting pile of goop I have ever tasted. Like F & O's, it is horrible. Plus the 4 hrs on the can afterwards really make it not worth the effort.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Chicago style pizza is the nastiest most disgusting pile of goop I have ever tasted. Like F & O's, it is horrible. Plus the 4 hrs on the can afterwards really make it not worth the effort.

I am almost tempted to neg rep you for that! Don't nobody talk bad about F&O's.... Nobody!

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
I do enjoy Great Plains, but my fav is hands down Pizza Pit.

Chicago style pizza is the B-O-M-B. When I lived out there I frequented Lou Malnati's, #1 Chicago style in the world. Locally, F&Os is pretty darn good.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
Can you get into Great Plains, and do they serve beer? Any other pizza I should know about? Pizza Hut..etc.

bstegs

SuperFanatic
Apr 11, 2006
Champaign, IL
Have you ever had "real" Chicago style? OC doesn't compare to my favorite pizza of all time - Giordanos. I really miss living in Chicago so that I can have a Giordanos every week.

When I lived out there I frequented Lou Malnati's, #1 Chicago style in the world. Locally, F&Os is pretty darn good.
While both of these are decent pizzas, I prefer a place in Chitown called Stefano's at Lawrence and Leavitt. It is a former Giordano's but they dropped the franchise. Whatever it is, something they do makes them taste much better than either of the aforementioned places.

Pizza Pit. Has been for the last 30 years.
Pizza Pit is good now. It can't hold a candle to Great Plains. Pizza Pit's pizza is erratic. Six years ago when I was in high school (99-02), it was awful. Either way, the best things about Pizza Pit are ordering from Welch Ave., the wings, and the hot sandwiches (best sandwiches in Ames).

Home team?? Just kidding.
I used to love having a 4.99 large, one-topping delivered during finals week. Sorry to whoever delivered, I was a freshmen and had no money for a tip.

Also, a better question is "What is your favorite Great Plains pizza?" I always get Canadian bacon on a thick wheat crust with extra cheese so that when you pull the first piece out, the cheese runs off the adjacent slices and fills the gap. I also like to put honey on the whole slice, not just the crust.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
While both of these are decent pizzas, I prefer a place in Chitown called Stefano's at Lawrence and Leavitt. It is a former Giordano's but they dropped the franchise. Whatever it is, something they do makes them taste much better than either of the aforementioned places.

Pizza Pit is good now. It can't hold a candle to Great Plains. Pizza Pit's pizza is erratic. Six years ago when I was in high school (99-02), it was awful. Either way, the best things about Pizza Pit are ordering from Welch Ave., the wings, and the hot sandwiches (best sandwiches in Ames).

I used to love having a 4.99 large, one-topping delivered during finals week. Sorry to whoever delivered, I was a freshmen and had no money for a tip.

Also, a better question is "What is your favorite Great Plains pizza?" I always get Canadian bacon on a thick wheat crust with extra cheese so that when you pull the first piece out, the cheese runs off the adjacent slices and fills the gap. I also like to put honey on the whole slice, not just the crust.

Extra cheese at great plains? What is that 4 lbs of cheese instead of just 3?

bstegs

SuperFanatic
Apr 11, 2006
Champaign, IL
I love it. As can probably be told, I am not lactose intolerant. I once ate 4 slices of my aforementioned pizza in one sitting. On a side note, I am not 400 pounds.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I love it. As can probably be told, I am not lactose intolerant. I once ate 4 slices of my aforementioned pizza in one sitting. On a side note, I am not 400 pounds.

Did you ahhh, go to the bathroom at all in the next 3 days?

Cybone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
When I was in Ames, I loved DaVinci's Pizza, now that it is gone..I would have to go with Great Plains.

Pizza Pit and Home Team were great for late night, cheap munchies...or, with all of that grease, if you needed a good system "flush".