Votes: 20 20.8%
  • Old George's

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • Other

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters

drum1306

Sep 17, 2007
Great Plains is good, but the whole honey/wheat crust thing is a little odd for me. It just makes it seem like not real pizza. Now I've quite enjoyed it the times I've went, but as far as good cheap standard pizza goes, it's a tie between Pizza Pit and Pizza Hut. Mostly because I love Pizza Hut's breadsticks, although the Pit's wings are much better. But the best wings are still at Buffalo Wild Wings, by far. Maybe I should carry this thread into another other random food item.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
Did you ahhh, go to the bathroom at all in the next 3 days?

Should I take a liquid exlax mixer along to go with the pizza?
Oh, and location of Georges and other pizza places would be helpful. I know where the Pit and Great plains are at.

Last edited:

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Great Plains, hands down. Pizza Pit is alright, just a might bit greasy for my taste.

I agree with this 100% - I just refuse to eat when we go there. Just garlic bread for me.

Old George's Pizza is the best pizza in Ames. I am a thin crust person however, and respect those who enjoy a thick crust, which would be Great Plains.

That's my vote, too. They have a personal thin crust that is just awesome (it's pretty big - I only finish half). It's on South Duff, across from... something. The businesses down there keep changing.

Last edited:

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Didn't that used to be a mexican place? I am not back to Ames enough to keep up on all the changes.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Didn't that used to be a mexican place? I am not back to Ames enough to keep up on all the changes.

George's was most recently Gregory's Coffeehouse (with the mini-golf place behind it). I'm not sure what it was before that??

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
It may be sad to say, but I still think Pizza Hut has the best pizza.
Great Plains has never impressed me, and I think the Pit should stick with wings.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Thank you Mrs. Obvious!

Don't ever ask me for directions... :no::wink:

West Towne Pub makes a good burger - but has anyone tried the Skippy Burger? I'm afraid to - they take an all-beef patty, cheese, bacon, onions, and then throw on some Skippy peanut butter. That could either be good or just disastrously bad.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
It may be sad to say, but I still think Pizza Hut has the best pizza.
Great Plains has never impressed me, and I think the Pit should stick with wings.

Well, at least you have good taste in sports teams.... :wink:

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
All this pizza talk is making me hungry for some Great Plains...gonna have to make a stop before the next game.

CP44

Nov 27, 2006
Great Plains has the best pizza but the best place to eat that includes pizza has to be Pizza Ranch.

Help Support Us

Become a patron