What's a company that you think sh!t the bed discontinuing certain products?

cdnlngld

Feb 24, 2012
Ames, IA
McDonalds still has shakes, but they aren’t the same in a plastic clear cup with a clear straw. I need a paper cup with the red and white straw.
Yes, and they are too thick now. I think they are just regular ice cream with a little milk. the old shakes had a separate machine for a different liquid. they were so good, but now they kind of suck.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Unless it's happened in the last 8 days, Hardees still has curly fries. There were 4 or 5 of them mixed in with my regular fries two Sundays ago.

It was a couple years ago they told me that when I tried to order them. Maybe they brought them back? Or it was just my region or something?

Aw man, now this thread is going to force me to go to Hardee's for lunch today.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
The biggest thing I remember being discontinued that I was mad about was Planter's Cheeze Balls. However they brought them back for a limited time a couple of summers ago and now I think they are back full time.

I’m not sure if they’ve actually changed or my memory was clouded, but Planters cheese balls are not at all the delight that I remember. But I fear that many of these would be that way. The memories of how good they were are very skewed from how good they actually were.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
If ANYONE on here remembers these I will be shocked. Honestly the best snack of my childhood (born in 77) was a competitor to the Combos cracker snacks. They were called Doolies. Anyone remember these?

They looked just like Combos but the biggest difference was the shell of the snack was like a potato chip and the filling was ******* insanely addicting. It was creamier than the Combos middle and you could suck it out of the shell. The sour cream and onion flavor was amazing.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I’m not sure if they’ve actually changed or my memory was clouded, but Planters cheese balls are not at all the delight that I remember. But I fear that many of these would be that way. The memories of how good they were are very skewed from how good they actually were.

This sums up a lot of my life right now!

Except Pepsi with real sugar in a glass bottle. That was the good stuff.

Not really discontinued because the Mexican version is still in the store.

Reactions: dawgpound

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Those hosers don't deserve her.
anigif_enhanced-18570-1426792568-2.gif

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
Had a conversation this weekend with some friends about former consumer products that were amazing but for some reason the company discontinued certain products despite popularity. Keebler was the company that actually came up the most which might be surprising. They still have a **** ton of products but there are a lot from the 80s and 90s that for some reason they killed. These were just off the top of my head..and ALL of them were amazing. No idea why they stopped any of these...particularly Wheatables and Pizzarias. Wheatables (especially the ranch ones) were 10x better than Wheat Thins and nothing was on the market like Pizzarias. What are other companies that you thought had a good thing going but then for some reason made a stupid decision to quit products or change recipes etc?

View attachment 117452
View attachment 117453
View attachment 117454
View attachment 117455
My wife and I have been talking about this lately. Our son loved Jimmy Dean breakfast nuggets and about a week or two ago we started noticing how no one was carrying them. I looked everywhere online of the Walmarts/Targets and no luck. I finally got on their website and texted them and they said due to not doing well in sales they had to discontinue them. Our son is very picky and it sucks because we feel we rotate like 4-5 foods with him for meals.

Velveeta had an awesome Buffalo Chicken Mac and they got rid of that.

Seems to happen in the restaurant industry too. We liked Mac Shack, Taco Hangover and some other places that went out of business.

BACyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2011
Reinbeck, IA
My wife hates Laffy Taffy but use to LOVE Tangy Taffy.

View attachment 117471

Had them at the treat store at the pool where I went to take swimming lessons. Outstanding.

Fun hack is you put them in the fridge or freezer, then you take them cold and whack them on the counter before opening, and you end up with chewy candy to enjoy a bit longer.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Unless it's happened in the last 8 days, Hardees still has curly fries. There were 4 or 5 of them mixed in with my regular fries two Sundays ago.
I have not ate at Hardee’s for like a year but happened to eat at the Winterset location and got curly fries last night. So they must have got rid of them early this morning

CY22

Sep 14, 2008
IA
Just need to pour out one of these bad boys:

images

I also remember Gatorade having a starfruit flavor when I was younger, had an electric green color to it. Best flavor they've ever made imo, really wish they'd bring it back.

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
Thinking of Pudding Pops immediately takes me back to Adventureland in the early 1980s, when there was a Pudding Pop stand by the bumper cars. Man, I spent a lot of my disposable cash at that stand …

Who remembers Marathon bars? Weren’t they like a foot long? (I guess, as I research it, there was actually a ruler on the back of the package that showed it was eight inches. Yes, I know, TWSS.)

View attachment 117473
They are still around under this name 1696258493505.png

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron