What's a company that you think sh!t the bed discontinuing certain products?

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
  • Informative
Reactions: BACyclone

BACyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2011
Reinbeck, IA
Hardee's was wild back in the day.
Some had fried chicken, some had burritos, and I think some actually had BBQ ribs.

The curly fries had some spice.

The curly fries were outstanding. Doesn't seem that long ago that I had them, didn't even realize they were gone.

Hardee's still has the best breakfast menu of the fast food chains.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
The curly fries were outstanding. Doesn't seem that long ago that I had them, didn't even realize they were gone.

Hardee's still has the best breakfast menu of the fast food chains.

It's been a few years now I think. Killed the main reason I craved Hardees every once in awhile. I'm sure some moron manager saved them a couple pennies by getting rid of them.

Their biscuits and gravy is pretty good. Or skip the biscuits and just get the gravy and their tots.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
What? I never heard of those and it sounds amazing.
I'm both allergic to dairy and lactose intolerant... but I'd make an exception and live through it for a couple days just to have one of those. They stopped making them in the US about 10-15 years ago but still had them in Mexico so I would buy some off eBay (yeah I know) but they stopped altogether 5-10 years ago.

Reactions: Bigman38

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
Man, Fizzies were a special treat back in my childhood.

I also remember that short-lived period when Hardees decided to add fried chicken to their menu. Add me to the group that didn’t know the curly fries had gone to that big menu in the sky - I just don’t go to fast food places much any more, although Hardees’ mushroom & Swiss (and the hot ham & cheese) remain top tier.

My submission to the thread is shoe related … every time I find an athletic shoe style I like, as soon as they wear out I find the company stopped making them. Goes back to my high school days, when I wore a pair of Stan Smith sneakers from adidas pretty much every day for the better part of two or three years - I even ran track in those bad boys. When it was time to replace them, nope … those weren’t made any more. Okay, in that specific case it might have been that adidas made them to last so long they realized they’d never make as much of a profit as they would on shoes that wore out quicker …

Reactions: khardbored

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Reminds me that when we were a kid one of the gas stations we went to had like an entire row of individually wrapped laffy taffy's, and it was just a ton of weird flavors I've never seen again.

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
Pudding pops probably died with Bill Cosby. When I hear pudding pops,I instantly think of him because it was a staple of his comedy shows.

Thinking of Pudding Pops immediately takes me back to Adventureland in the early 1980s, when there was a Pudding Pop stand by the bumper cars. Man, I spent a lot of my disposable cash at that stand …

Who remembers Marathon bars? Weren’t they like a foot long? (I guess, as I research it, there was actually a ruler on the back of the package that showed it was eight inches. Yes, I know, TWSS.)

0EEB8A3E-D4B6-477F-9941-29118504B77F.jpeg