Whatever company runs the concessions at Hilton is inept and terrible at their job.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Re: Whatever company runs the concessions at Hilton is inept and terrible at their jo

I use a simple solution and don't get concessions at the games. The prices are outrageous. Two hours without food or beverage won't kill ya.

Eat before you get there. Boom, problem solved.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Re: Whatever company runs the concessions at Hilton is inept and terrible at their jo

Are they not doing refills at Hilton this year just like JT? That would tick me off.

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames

Are they not doing refills at Hilton this year just like JT? That would tick me off.

They are still doing refills.

The concession lines are always slow so it didn't really surprise me today. The only issue I had was that when we went down to re-fill our pop after halftime, they were out of everything except Sprite and Diet Coke. I don't think I've ever seen a concession stand run out of fountain pop.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

They should get better after a few games.

I worked at Hilton when I was in college. It's mostly college kids making minimum wage. They are likely breaking in a lot of new kids.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa

FIRE ALL OF THE CONCESSION STAND EMPLOYEES!!!

Great Idea No employees no wages to be paid lets just have a Customer Self Service Concession Stands.....lol

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

So you get....$3.25 back?

Close! His first try was six one dollar bills. Second try, he added a five to the pile. I gave him back 3 ones, and said okay, we're good now. He just looked at me blankly.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

I worked at Hilton when I was in college. It's mostly college kids making minimum wage. They are likely breaking in a lot of new kids.
Not this stand. Unless college kids are 15, 16 years old and/or in their 40s. Which I suppose is possible, but not likely.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

If its the same people that run JTS though, i dont know that experience will help. Though the ones i saw at JTS were all much older, with a much larger number of missing teeth issues.
What makes me chuckle is when people expect demand to be immediately fulfilled at the highest traffic times. Don't want to wait? Don't go at halftime. Don't go 10 minutes before tip and expect to get in to see the tip since everyone else is doing the same thing.

I dont typically buy stadium food much at JTS, but i decided to yesterday. I was about the 4th in line, right before half (as i left early to beat the lines, as you suggest) yet it took me forever to get my food, probably 15 minutes from the point i got in line (by the time i got done, the band was done with its halftime show). Thats pretty unacceptable. The people there were all moving slowly, had issues counting (how do they not have computerized systems there in 2013?), and of course basic food items were running out before halftime somehow. Thank god i had cash or credit card running would have added even more time. The lines are consistently a disaster there. People like to blame the empty seats after half on those who return to their tailgate, but all one needs to do is walk up and see the entire concourse filled with lines to find out where all those people really are.

iacyguy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 1, 2011
The Dirty Dodge

Im just sad its so darn expensive. I will never understand why it costs so much to buy a soda out of a machine at Hilton then it does at MWL or any other place. $4 bucks for a 20 o.z. thing of soda is stupid and why i will always sneak pop in.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

Im just sad its so darn expensive. I will never understand why it costs so much to buy a soda out of a machine at Hilton then it does at MWL or any other place. $4 bucks for a 20 o.z. thing of soda is stupid and why i will always sneak pop in.

Thats something you'll see at every stadium. And its that high because people will pay.

fccy

Dec 31, 2008
Forest City

Then eat a couple brats before you leave, and when you get into Ames, stop by DQ and get a vanilla cone.

Clone Cone is vanilla and strawberry, much better:wink: