What TV show are you streaming right now?

cal-cyclone

Dec 8, 2022
3 Body Problem for me too. It was pretty good overall. I haven't read the book, but I will probably do that next. The shows first 3-4 episodes were really good, the last few a little bit less so.

jcf817

Mar 2, 2023
North Carolina
I also recently binged Season 1. I admit I was shocked to see it and the actors win awards for comedy. Very dark. I literally hated almost every character at some point or another. But I am hooked and can't wait to stream Season 2.
I was right there with you. I hated literally everybody except maybe the sister. But they really grow on you in the best way. Season 2 is fantastic.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I watched the first 5 episodes of 3 Body Problem last night. Very unique storyline - can't think of a comp... which is pretty rare these days. It's like a crazy mix of The Signal, Independence Day, and Bodies.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Hulu has an english dubbed version of Shogun available. I don't love subtitles so that's the one we watch.

Seriously??? I've only been watching it on Hulu! Now I have to search how to do that! Than you!

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
It's decent. Gets a little girl powery for me but that's kind of the point of the series. Juxtaposition of female and male power struggles. The pace gets a bit slow at times but nothing terrible. Just about through the first season.
Yeah, I enjoyed it. My main problem is that I'm not a big TV guy, so if I'm watching something other than sports, it's with her, and I just never get around to watching these things by myself.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Yeah, I enjoyed it. My main problem is that I'm not a big TV guy, so if I'm watching something other than sports, it's with her, and I just never get around to watching these things by myself.
Ya same. I like movies, they begin and end. TV shows are always trying to leave you hanging in suspense to drive you to continue but it can be over blown as well as thin in areas because they're stretching it out unnecessarily.

This has been decent but it's far more drama than it is adventurous. Sometimes I just want to enjoy the action and cinematography not be all up in my feels all the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyclonepride

CloneFan65

Apr 11, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Watched Apples Never Fall. Great acting (Annette Benning and Sam Neill). The story kept me interested with a few twists along the way. There were a few questionable plot points, but overall worth a watch.

Entropy

Oct 27, 2008
Cedar Rapids, IA
Watching Manhunt on Apple TV.
Fascinating back story of the search for John Wilkes Booth after the assassination and the interplay of the new president, the confederates, the politics, and the economy. I'm finding it to be very enjoyable.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
Watching Manhunt on Apple TV.
Fascinating back story of the search for John Wilkes Booth after the assassination and the interplay of the new president, the confederates, the politics, and the economy. I'm finding it to be very enjoyable.
I am enjoying it as well. I think some of dialogue is a little corny and it’s getting some backlash online about how some of the sayings are too modern for that time but it doesn’t hurt the show imo. I didn’t love the casting of Abe but after the performance Daniel Day Lewis gave of him it’s hard to get to that level.

• Agree
Reactions: Entropy

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Looking for suggestions from AppleTV. We’ve got 3 months free from getting new phones. I’m a couple episodes into the third season of Ted Lasso but it’s the only show I’ve watched so far.

My usual shows include comedy, war, crime or government agencies.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Looking for suggestions from AppleTV. We’ve got 3 months free from getting new phones. I’m a couple episodes into the third season of Ted Lasso but it’s the only show I’ve watched so far.

My usual shows include comedy, war, crime or government agencies.

Shrinking

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron